Inside Out ride and Figment 3D movie

I really hope both of these rumors come true. The former is already more than likely to happen anyway so I'm hoping even more for the Figment 3D show (maybe have the Dreamfinder in it as well). I'm not paying thousands of dollars to watch some cartoon shorts I can already watch on DVD at home.

I really hope both of these rumors come true. The former is already more than likely to happen anyway so I'm hoping even more for the Figment 3D show (maybe have the Dreamfinder in it as well). I'm not paying thousands of dollars to watch some cartoon shorts I can already watch on DVD at home.

Absolutely, it feels like Disney is just being cheap. It's like what they did with the former "Jack Sparrow" attraction at Hollywood. They got rid of the show when they realized how bad it was. Then they just put benches inside the empty space. Sure it was better than the buildings former attraction, but still.

I was just watching the ride through of Horizons (clearly I need more hobbys) and was trying to think of what was the best year to visit WDW. I didn't figure everything out, but Horizons closed in 1993 (then reopened for a bit when they had closed Universe of Energy and World of Motion) and the MGM Stuios opened in 1989 - so I am thinking sometime in the early 90s was the best time to go (though, you wouldn't get Animal Kingdom)

In 1995 was when I was 16. I returned in 2002 and then every year thereafter starting in 2007. My fave years at Disney were 1995-2002. I visited Pleasure Island a lot vs the parks because as a poor college student I could afford Pleasure Island and it gave me my fix. I still enjoyed it in 2007, but I had noticed so many changes by then.

I would say 1990. Part of that is I'm a big Fort Wilderness guy, and that was pretty close to The Fort's heyday (probably the mid to late 80s.). But yeah, I'd give up Animal Kingdom for the significantly better EPCOT and the original MGM Studios plus River Country and Discovery Island. The only thing that gives me pause is it means giving up RnRC, which is one of my favorite rides. Having Horizons and the original Imagination, plus Mr. Toad's back, would be enough to satisfy me I think.

Discovery Island - yes. River Country - no. Closing River Country was a good idea, however, it's too bad they didn't recreate it and instead just scrapped it.

Discovery Island - yes. River Country - no. Closing River Country was a good idea, however, it's too bad they didn't recreate it and instead just scrapped it.

River Country, for those of us who were Fort aficionados, was a huge perk. Was it the best water park? No. Was it too small for Disney to leave open to anyone who wanted a ticket? Yes. Would it have been awesome if it had been limited to guests of monorail resorts, The Fort, and Wilderness Lodge with an add-on ticket? Yes. Was leaving it to rot a wasteful decision? Absolutely. It was such a unique, throwback kind of place. I know they ran into issues with a new law, and water quality, and probably would have had ADA and liability issues with some of the old attractions, but people loved River Country. It was always jammed, which indicated the popularity as well as the problem. I hate that they just left it to rot.

River Country, for those of us who were Fort aficionados, was a huge perk. Was it the best water park? No. Was it too small for Disney to leave open to anyone who wanted a ticket? Yes. Would it have been awesome if it had been limited to guests of monorail resorts, The Fort, and Wilderness Lodge with an add-on ticket? Yes. Was leaving it to rot a wasteful decision? Absolutely. It was such a unique, throwback kind of place. I know they ran into issues with a new law, and water quality, and probably would have had ADA and liability issues with some of the old attractions, but people loved River Country. It was always jammed, which indicated the popularity as well as the problem. I hate that they just left it to rot.

It needed to close, that we agree on. We also agree on letting it rot was a terrible decision, but that seems to be Disney's MO. Close it and let it rot until they figure out what to do with the space. However, in this case, due to laws, I believe (because I think I read it somewhere, but yet I can't be sure on the source. Also, I took one of the boat rides and a cast member mentioned it and I take those with a grain of salt) Disney had no choice but to let it rot as removal was hindered by Florida environmental laws. However, it's so sad to see anything in that state, especially when it was once so beloved.

Did you see the video of someone who went into Cranium Command over the last few days? It's almost completely in tact! Of course, I'm sure it's not in working order, but it's still cool to look at and wonder what they're up to!

After watching this video, a couple of things struck me really odd. We talk about Disney being so money conscious, but why in the world do they keep all the lights on in an abandoned building? And if you chalk it up to needing to be able to go in and get a chair or a cart or something, ok that's fine, but why in the world was the light on that was shining on the face of the Cranium Command AA? Like, you couldn't turn that one off? And there were lots of other lights like that on in those rooms. That makes no sense to me, lol. Just have those little bulbs running for a decade.

I can't believe that guy showed his face and used a real sounding name. He needs to get a quieter lens, though.

And also maybe a little less Blair Witch-style breathing.

If Figment were a part of the Inside Out attraction, like a decently sized part, I'd be ok with this.

If Figment were a part of the Inside Out attraction, like a decently sized part, I'd be ok with this.

Yeah, he can be in the nightmare part of Riley's brain getting ripped apart. He can look over at one point and say "GET OUT OF HERE, WHILE YOU STILL CAN." Also Dreamfinder can be a decapitated head in the corner of the same scene. Those seem like great homages.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!