Inspired by Dec 06 thread: How far out are you planning trips?

xterratri

<font color=blue>Recommends the "livestock" workou
Closet long range planners anomynous charter member- Oct 2007 for MNSSHP and F & W after rank order lists are due(Oct 15th), Dec 30 2007- Jan 20 2008- will know where I matched and will have the elective/vacation time coming so DisneyWorld here I come. Will likely book at OKW as we really like the resort but eventually want to try all the DVCs so...

We had originally started talking about the 2008 Graduation trip while on my sister's high school grad trip in April of 2004. However, the window between when she finishes classes that semester and and when I graduate med school/go active duty(6/7/08) doesn't give as long a trip as I want- therefore I decided to move it to January prior to her starting the semester. Plan on going Goofy and doing both the half and the full marathons that year too. Maybe we'll finally visit Universal, Busch Gardens, and Kennedy Space Center. I'm hoping for a Contemporary DVC by then(with the requisite add on) so maybe we will actually get there earlier in December to get the X-mas stuff but the minimum trip length will be 3 weeks and maybe longer. Yes, I'm looking forward to this already.

You can still play if you have other trips planned prior to the long range ones. After all, we have to get our $$'s worth out of our DVC discounted APs.

Hrmm... are you just talking about WDW trips?

I have a DL trip coming up in 3 days... a WDW trip planned for March/April 2006, and probably another trip for December 2006.

For 2007 I'll be heading to Las Vegas around March/April... then probably to WDW in October. I'm not sure if I'll make it to WDW twice that year so might make the October trip 2 weeks. =)

For 2008, it'll be back to DL in March/April(maybe they'll have a DVC going up there by then!) Then back to WDW later that year between October-December (maybe New Years).

Actually, I have trips in the early planning stages for the next 48 years! :teeth: 1 in the spring, 1 in the fall!

We usually plan ahead more than this but right now our plans just go to the end of 2006.

We are doing Disneyland this December.

The first Double Dip Cruise in May of '06

Hoping to get on the DVC Member Cruise in October of '06.

We had talked about Alaska in 2007. However we've had such fun with all our DVC friends at the Member Events and Cruisers we want to see what DVC has in store for us!

We know we want to celebrate 40 years :earsboy: :earsgirl: in a Beach Cottage at VB and then a vow renewal at VWL. This is in June '08.

Bobbi :flower:

Hi,

We @ least plan 2 trips in advance. Never more than that though. Next 2 after May 2006 (already booked!) are Dec 06' & a Magic cruise in 07'

Thought I was the only crazy one LOL, have a notebook w/preliminary plans for the next 4 years...DH sez I should've been an army quartermaster.

Would love to be more spontaneous, but w/work restrictions on vacations & school absences to consider; we're pretty much restricted to 1 trip in the winter & 1 in summer.

Of course, I love planning!:banana:

We have our trips for each year planned in detail through 2006 with 2007 and 2008 planned but only the likely week and location.

I too have a list on the computer of possible point usage scenarios. I don't usually invite people until about a year ahead though, so I know before I make a ressie what size unit I need. Right now, we have ressies for Dec.31-Jan.10, March 5-10, and are planning the first 10 days of December 2006.

Right now we're thinking about August 2007. After that I would love to book a cruise!

August 2006 WDW either 6-11 or 13-18
December 2-9,2006 WDW
August 2007 Universal or October 2007 WDW (haven't decided yet) maybe both
If we don't go to WDW in October 2007 I want to go to Disneyland August 2008.

Right now I've got F&W trip pending (planned that at the 11 month window), we have a Jan 06 booked (VB-DCL-WDW), and I'm starting to think about the F&G festival in 06 now.

We have twp trips in the works for next year, one in August and one in December. :)

Nov '05 trip to OKW/Poly
April/May '06 trip to BWV for Flower and Garden
Oct '06 to BWV for Food and Wine for my step-dad's 70th B-day
Jan '07 for chip126's 40th B-day (hopefully at BCV)
Oct '07 back to Food and Wine (not sure where yet and if I will have any points left! :))

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter