Interest Thread -- Other Parks: Universal, Sea World, Space Center

Mom-to-2-Princesses

Lovin' It!
I am very excited to be hosting my first swap and wanted to start an interest thread to find out what everyone wants.

This is going to be the Other Parks Swap – Universal, Sea World, and Kennedy Space Center. I am thinking of having a few 2” letter word groups and the standard 2 elements category. In the 2” letter groups I am going to assign the letter groupings to make it easier at sign-ups and so one's letters aren't next to each other.

I am looking to do sign ups on either Friday, September 10th or Saturday the 11th. (I am a substitute teacher so I need to be flexible)
I will need swap items by Wednesday, November 17th.

Since three parks are represented I wanted to cover a lot of area without getting too caught up in all the details. For example, there are many rides at Universal but instead of having a line item for all 30+ we will have a ride category with 6 participants and you will chose a ride from the list to do elements. In addition, for the shows and exhibits at Sea World I was thinking of going more general in the theme. For example, have a Shamu category instead of Believe!. Even though the name of the show changes every year or two there will always be a Shamu show, so this will allow more flexibility in the use of the items. The next post will have the categories and hopefully it will all make more sense.

Please, please let me know if you can think if anything I have forgotten in the categories. I'll be honest I haven't been at these parks in years but my family is planning on seeing all of them in February so I am excited to be a part of this.

So bear with me on the learning curve, but I have to say I think I have learned how to do this from the best! All the Swap Hostesses on this board have been awesome!

KENNEDY SPACE CENTER

2”Letter Words:

A – Kennedy Space Center (5 letters, 1 letter per person)
1. S
2. P
3. A
4. C
5. E

B – Astronaut (9 letters – 4 people 2 letters each, 1 person 1 letter/1 element)
1.A, N
2.S, A
3.T, U
4.R, T
5.O, extra

Element Groups (2 elements):

C – Kennedy Space Center
1. Rocket Garden
2.Early Space Exploration
3.Astronaut Encounter
4.General Kennedy Space Center
5.Space Shuttle Explorer

D – Kennedy Space Center Tours
1.International Space Station Center
2.LC39 Observation Gantry
3.Apollo /Saturn V Center
4.General Tour
5.General Tour

SEA WORLD

2” Letter Words:

E – Sea World (8 letters – 4 people, 2 letters each)
1.S, O
2.E, R
3.A, L
4.W, D

F – Shamu (5 letters – 5 people, 1 letter each)
1.S
2.H
3.A
4.M
5.U

Element Groups (2 elements):

G – Animal Group One
1.Shamu / Whales
2.Shark
3.Dolphin
4.Penguin
5.Polar Bear

H – Animal Group Two
1.Manatee
2.Stingray
3.Turtles
4.Fish
5.Walrus

I – Rides (please let me know what ride you would like to do – Journey to Atlantis, Kraken, Wild Arctic Ride, Shamu Express, Sea Carousel, Jazzy Jellies, Swishy Fishies, Pirate's Nets , Skytower, Manta) You may choose one ride and do two elements for it OR choose two rides and do one element per ride

UNIVERSAL STUDIOS /ISLANDS OF ADVENTURE

2” Letter Words

J – Universal Studios (16 letters, 4 people 3 letters each, 2 people 2 letters 1 extra each)
1.U, S, D
2.N, A, I
3.I, L, O
4.V, S, S
5.E, T, extra
6.R, U, extra

K – Islands of Adventure (18 letters, 6 people 3 letters each)
1.I, S, E
2.S, O, N
3.L, F, T
4.A, D, U
5.N, A, R
6.D, V, E

L – Harry Potter (11 letters, 5 people 2 letters each, 1 person 1 letter/1 extra)
1.H, O
2.A, T
3.R, T
4.R, E
5.Y, R
6.P, extra

Element Groups (2 Elements):

M – Universal Studios Rides (Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit, The Simpson's Ride, Revenge of the Mummy, Men-in-Black Alien Attack, Jaws, Diaster!, Twister...Ride it Out, Shrek 4D, Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast, ET Adventure, Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster)
You may choose one ride and do two elements for it OR choose two rides and do one element per ride

N – Islands of Adventure, Island Groups
1.Marvel Super Hero Island
2.Toon Lagoon
3.Jurassic Park
4.The Lost Continent
5.Seuss Landing
6.The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

O – Islands (except Harry Potter) Rides (The Incredible Hulk Coaster, Dragon Challenge, The Amazing Adventures of Spider Man, Doctor Doom's Fearfall, StormForce Accelatron, Jurasic Park River Adventure, Dudly Do Rights Ripshaw Falls, Popeye and Blutos Bilge-Rat Barges, Pteranodon Flyers, Seuss Themed)
You may choose one ride and do two elements for it OR choose two rides and do one element per ride

P – The Wizarding World of Harry Potter (Honeydukes, Zonko's Joke Shop, Olivanders, Three Broomsticks, Dragon Challenge, Flight of the Hippogriff, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, Butterbeer, Sorting Hat, Harry Potter general)
You may choose one item and do two elements for it OR choose two items and do one element per item

Great!Thanks for hosting! I've been looking forward to this swap since we went to the Universal Parks earlier this year - although HP wasn't open yet. We saw them building it & I took some pictures of it. I'll still join some HP groups since I hope to get there & I have other HP related things - my son was HP and my dd was Hermoine for Halloween.
Glad to see the general Sea World groups, too.
If sign ups are on the Sat., I might need a sign up buddy since soccer games start that day - I'll know more once I get dd's schedule. I know my boys have a 9am game - what's worse is that I'll be out late on Fri night at the Toby Keith show.
Boy, I'm chatty this morning LOL

I'm trying to stay swap free but world love to join some sea world groups.......

I am in for this one since plans changed for our March trip and we will be going to both Universals and Sea World!!

Would you want to add some 4" letter groups for the characters out in the Universal parks?

Would you want to add some 4" letter groups for the characters out in the Universal parks?

I was going to wait and see the interest level before adding more groups. I know the 4" have been popular, but they have been done in larger swaps. The last time this swap was done it was pretty small compared to the others. Let's see what other interest we get!

I was going to wait and see the interest level before adding more groups. I know the 4" have been popular, but they have been done in larger swaps. The last time this swap was done it was pretty small compared to the others. Let's see what other interest we get!

Ok...well if you decide to do them, I am in for them!! They are quick and easy!

Ohhhhh I need this Swap we are going to Sea World in September!!!
Woo-Woo just in Time :)

I want to join this swap. We are planning a trip to Universal next month. But I'm going out of town on Friday and won't be around for sign ups. Is it possible to put me in Groups J, K, L, and P? I'll take anything in them. Just put me where needed. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter