interested in learning how to walk a resveration

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
this year we tried to get into BCV with no luck

so Im already trying to plan a head for next year--so Id like to learn the ins and outs of walking

so we have an Aug UY and go the end of Jan for anywhere to 5-7 night

so how soon can I start to walk--say for next year we go Jan 28 to Feb 3 6 nights what is the first day I can put in for this trip

BCV isnt our home resort--so do I start with the 7 month out window--but put in an earlier date like a week before I really want to go

please I need help--Im not good with computers so things have to be very basic and easy to follow--

thanks all for any advice or tips you can give me--Id really like this to work

take care

While you can try at 7 months, the thing is that an owner can always come in an interuppt it.

But, the essence is that you book a room starting at dates earlier than you really want, and then move it forward,

If you don’t own there, you will have yo wait until closer to the 7 month window. But let’s say you want to go January 23 to 30th.

You go on around June 10th....7 months from Jan 10th and see your BCV room. You book it For the 10th to 17th. Then, on the 16th, you modify to get the 16th to 23rd,. On the 22nd, you modify again for the 22nd to 29th, and then modify one last time To your real dates,

The issue with the 7 month walk is that at any time, an owner can pick up dates still, where at 11, the room is locked in from everyone.

There really won't be much of a chance to walk a 7 month reservation at BCV at that time of year because the nights will either have already been booked by owners or there will be holes. Any time there is a date booked solid prior to you getting to it your walk will be killed.

I agree that walking at 7 months is no guarantee, but it can help. While walking at 11 months Sandisw method is the way to walk. However if walking at 7 months, I would actually move the reservation back every day, as close to 8 AM as possible. On June 10th, if you were able to book Jan 10 - 17 and it was open all the way to the 29th, your walk would have started, but you are at risk that any BCV owner could book the 17-29 and you would be out of luck. (Your walk would be interrupted). The best way to minimize this is to, as soon as you can, shift your reservation (walk) back one day. The second advice for walking at 7 months is to walk a 7 night reservation, even if you don't need 7 nights (or as long as you can without messing up your points with borrowing). Available days in the system just means there is 1 room available. For example, let's say you were only walking a 3 day reservation, Jan 10-13. And there are 2+ rooms available every night except Jan 14, but on that night only one room was available. You would have gotten your walk started and it looks fine. You plan is on June 11 (at 8AM EDT) to shift your reservation to Jan 11-14. But at 5PM on the 10th, some other walker comes along and the RAT still shows availability every night from Jan 10th forward. They start a 7 day walk and grab Jan 10-17, suddenly there is not more availability on the 14th, and you can't move yours forward the next morning.

When walking at 7 months, you are at risk of losing availability to home resort owners every day from 7 months to 11 months, but you are also at risk of losing availability to all owners from 7 months to 7 months and 1 week.

I have successfully walked at 7 months. I have unsuccessfully tried to walk at 7 months. The best you can do, is walk a 7 day reservation every day at exactly 8AM. That limits your risk to home resort owners who are booking at 7 months plus a week and all owners walking 1 week reservations at exactly 8AM.

In this example, if you only wanted 3 nights, Jan 20-23, on June 16th at 8AM, you would have Jan 16-23rd reserved. You can breath easy, "You did it". Then you wait 4 days, and on Jun 20th you modify the reservation down to only Jan 20-23, and the points go back in you account.

I walked BCV to 7 months. I started at 8 months before my stay was actually scheduled. I got blocked once, but I was able to get my dates back on track.

It is very easy. Make your home resort reservation at 11 months. I checked availability for weeks before I actually started to walk. That way, I knew when there was a long stretch of availability coming up so I knew when to start the process.

When you are ready to walk, go to the DVC website and logon BEFORE 8 a.m. EST. Once the clock hits 8 a.m., immediately view or modify your reservation (it's right under your countdown), and choose a 7 day stay for 7 months from that day's date (Whenever you are logging on. I suggest as early as possible for BCV). Every morning, RIGHT at 8 a.m., modify the reservation, moving the starting date back and adding one day at the end each time. You have to keep doing this every day until you get the dates that you want. It requires patience and the ability to be absolutely ready to go RIGHT at 8 a.m. every day. You cannot forget one day. Good luck!

I walked a 7 month VGC 1 bedroom last year before D23 and it worked. You could tell by the days disappearing and reappearing that people were walking.

Walking can be done at the 7 month mark(just not guaranteed). I think if you start it a few weeks early most home resort owners will have already booked at that point and you'll be ahead of the other owners waiting to book right on the day of for 7 months. When I do it I certainly log on every morning right at 8am to modify.

There really won't be much of a chance to walk a 7 month reservation at BCV at that time of year because the nights will either have already been booked by owners or there will be holes. Any time there is a date booked solid prior to you getting to it your walk will be killed.
Exactly. 2 things have to happen to walk at 7 months - There has to be a clear path to your 'Final' dates There can not be so much as one day in your walk that is not available.. And, a home resort owner doesnt swoop in and grab what your dates or get in the way of them as above.

You can try to walk, cant hurt, just nowhere near a bulletproof solution at 7 months

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!