• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

International travel documents for children

PixieDustLuv

On our way to Disney Destination Heaven!
I will be traveling to England and France in December with my daughter. My husband recently passed away so I will be alone with her. I have been trying to find out what documents I need to bring by looking on each embassy website. I cannot find anything! :confused3
The Disney pretrip book says that if traveling without the other parent then a notorized letter with the travel info and other parent's approval and signature is neccessary. I figured I would take the death certificate and a notorized letter with the travel info and my husband's info. I really want to ensure that I have proper documents before we go! I'd be devastated if we didn't get in the country! :scared1: If anyone has info, I'd appreciate it!

I'm sorry for your loss. :hug: I'm also a widow and travel internationally frequently with my kids. All you will need in addition to passports, is the death certificate. Trust me, pulling out a death certificate always makes sure that things go smoothly when an immigration officer is looking at a child. :sad2:

For another opinion...........I flew solo with my two daughters because my husband wasn't interested in the London/Paris ABD trip. (He prefers to hunt in Alaska, which works well for all of us.) I brought the notorized letter and followed the suggested requirements - but was never once even asked. I think you will be just fine with any documentation you bring along, and the Disney guides will definitely calm any concerns you would have.

I add my condolensces also. I hope that you will have a magical, bonding time with your daughter with plenty of fun. You definitely deserve that. The ABD group will warmly include you whenever there are 'adult only' times - Enjoy yourself immensely!!

Thank you so much for the information! I feel much better now! I am always worried that if it can happen; it will happen to me because that's the way my little ball bounces! :upsidedow I plan to have a very special time and make it unforgettable for my daughter and me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter