IOA fireworks?

RUN

Earning My Ears
Since this is by far the most knowledgeable USO site I've been to I'm sure someone here is bound to know the answer to this. Now back during the silent opening days in May of 1999 IOA had this amazing fireworks show. I believe it was even better than the one at Epcot. I saw it one time and it was amazing and had all these awesome fireworks coming from every island and sparkling spinny things in the water. I'd really like to know what happend to this thing and why they don't do it anymore, because it was the best fireworks show I'd ever seen, and I've never seen or heard anything about it in my 30+USO visits.

I think they only do the fireworks during the summer now. Last I heard they were supposed to run this summer from July 4th thru August 18th.

I came across a good video of the fireworks show on the OrlandoRocks web page. If you have a fast connection you can download the whole 62 megabyte file here:
IOA Fireworks video

The fireworks show during the Summer of 1999 WAS the greatest show this city had ever seen - I loved staying after work to watch it.

However, due to lower attendance figures and the need for Universal to "tighten" it's belt due to the cost of the expansion, parts of the show were eliminated prior to the 2000 season.

It is still the same show, same music score, same effects and fireworks on the lagoon. However, there are no longer fireworks launched from the following areas: Behind One Fish, on top of Poseidon, on top of Spiderman, and on top of Discovery Center.

Fireworks are still launched from these areas for New Years and July 4th shows. Quick note - if you ride Doctor Doom and look down at the Spiderman roof you can see the booth for the "watchman" as well as the "tubes" used to hold/launch the fireworks shells.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter