Is 100.00 enough

my4boys+1

Mouseketeer
Were on the dp staying 8 nights 1 adult 1 teen and 2 children, is 100.00 per day going to be enough spending money?

my4boys+1 said:
Were on the dp staying 8 nights 1 adult 1 teen and 2 children, is 100.00 per day going to be enough spending money?

$100 a day can be enough depending on what you want to do. Do you spend a lot on souveniers? Are you using all of Disney transportation or renting a car (gas!). Although the DDP allows for snacks (water) will you take water with you, or refill? One bottle per person is not enough for the day. Little things might add up.

I think it wouldn't be hard to stay in that budget... it's the 'Mommy can we have this?... " that can easily put you over. I'm allowing my DD9 $20 a day budget. She can use it per day.. or save a few days to get something more expensive. But that's it. That's only for her souveniers though... any extras or snacks (including water as it is considered to Disney).. I will pay for. It looks like you can have that same budget, with extra for you:)

Have fun!

For extra snacks, drinks, souvies and gifts, this is all I'm allowing for DS10 and I per day together. I feel we won't really spend that much. I don't buy alot when I'm there, and he doesn't usually go over the $25.00 mark himself on souvies per day.

We carry insulated bottles for water. This year we will also bring KoolAid SUS packets to make the fountain water more bareable.

We have 4 children and I spend very little on souveniers. They collect dust when we get home so I box them and bring them back each trip. We have used snack credits for water but we also bring water into the park. Bottomline, I think $100 a day is more than enough. Have a great trip!

I think that is more than enough. I would give myself about 45 the teen 25 and the two children 15 per day for their spending money.

I Only plan to spend at most 200 for the entire trip of 7 days! (crazy I know) I bought everyone 2-3 disney shirts from the disney store for 2.50 - 5.00 each during the sale and DH and DS will get them once we get there. I plan to buy Pal mickey for DS for $65, That leaves about $65 for me and $65 for DH to spend. ( Usually these things are tossed in a corner and never used again)

I am going to have staples ship a box of water to the resort (People on here said they did it so i am going to try). You could buy the resort cup the first day (they could buy this with their money the day you arrive) to save over time.

For 2 of us (mom and teen daughter) 8 nights, 9 full days, we spent less than $100 TOTAL for food/drinks/snacks in addition to the DDP. We found that the plan has more than enough food for a full day. We did share some CS, did not share TS. We bought mugs ($12) and a 1/2 gallon of milk.

Now, as to souveniers---anything from nothing to "the sky's the limit." That's just whatever you allow the kids to do.

I agree that $100 per day is PLENTY! We don't spend much on souvies (but we do buy some) and we spend nowhere near $100 a day when we are on the dining plan (and we even pay OOP for some meals!)

Have a great trip :)

missmun52 said:
I am going to have staples ship a box of water to the resort (People on here said they did it so i am going to try). You could buy the resort cup the first day (they could buy this with their money the day you arrive) to save over time.

I just checked and it looks like you have to spend $50 to get free shipping. At $6 for 24 bottles, that's a lot of water for $50. princess:

i too am using those little powder packets such as kool aid or ice tea to add to the water.......

have tried a few now.... also figured out that they are best with more water to flavor ratio....the kool aid ones anyway..

:goodvibes

forgot to add, i am using some of the reward card credits for snacks......and some for the souveniers.
DH loves ice cream, and i am looking forward to the krispie treats, since everytime i make them at home they come out like lead :furious:
but a chocolate coated one....,mmmmm, hungry right now....
:sunny:

Disney_Freak56 said:
I just checked and it looks like you have to spend $50 to get free shipping. At $6 for 24 bottles, that's a lot of water for $50. princess:
You may want to search these boards for more information on this subject. I read that you can join the Staples "club" online for free and this would entitle you to free shipping..... :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter