Is 5 too young for a rock concert?

Is 5 years old too young for a Boon Jovi concert?

• Yes - 5 Years old is too young

• No - 5 years is old enough

Results are only viewable after voting.
There were people smoking weed around where we were at the Elton John concert. But I was oblivious to it. Unless you point out to the kids exactly what is going on, they won't even notice.

I always see kids that age at U2 shows, and I am guessing that Bon Jovi shows attract people of the same approximate age and behavior level, so I would not be worried about what he would see behavior-wise. I personally would not bring a child, for three reasons:

1. I would be worried about the noise level. I am guessing that most kids would not consent to wearing earplugs--they'd probably pull them out.
2. Concerts are late! Most times the main act doesn't even take the stage until 9 PM. I don't know your son's schedule, but that would be a very late night for most kids.
3. He probably won't be able to see anything. People usually stand during the shows, so he might get bored and want to leave.

You know your son best, of course! Either way, YOU have fun at the show :)

I say go for it! You know your son's temperment best and if he loves Bon Jovi, I bet he'll do fine.

My neice has been a huge Elton John fan since day one. We took her when he & Billy Joel played in Boston some years ago - she was 3. Molly was beyond thrilled! We made her wear ear plugs, and this hyper, antsy kid did fine. She never even thought about pulling out the plugs. When Elton was done (he was solo first) she curled up on her seat and slept, saying "I don't like this Joel Billy."

I can't wait to take Zachary with me to the Goo Goo Dolls! I have started brainwashing him with CDs and DVDs already... :teeth: He'll barely have turned 3 for their tour this summer, so I think I'll wait a bit before taking him to their show.

I voted too young. Obviously, some children are very mature, but, the sheer volume at concerts is not healthy for anyones hearing, let alone the sensitive hearing of a child. There is sometimes pushing at concerts, and few lewd things occuring, that I might not want my child at that tender age to see.

I voted too young. Concerts are so expensive and if he really gets upset b/c of the noise, what are you going to do? Force him to sit there for 2 hours upset? Of course not and then the night is ruined for you and your wife. I jsut went to see Billy Joel(not exactly a rowdy crowd) and the people next to me were falling down drunk and smoking pot-not something I'd want a 5 year old to see.

I would not have had a problem taking DD to a Bon Jovi concert when she was 5. She would have really enjoyed th music. She cried and cried because we didn't take her to see Bruce Springsteen several years ago. The only thing that has prevented us from taking her to the big name concerts is the price.

I did take her to see the Backstreet Boys when she was 6. I won free tickets from the radio. She had a blast.

If you do decide to take him there is nothing wrong with wearing earplugs. You can still hear plenty.

I've seen kids that young at Springsteen and U2 shows, but they were all cranky & bored. If the parents were lucky they were sleepy!

Definitely bring earplugs if you bring him. When I brought my then 10 year old to see Springsteen I insisted he wear them. I've seen little kids in those big industrial headphone things landscapers use to block the sound.

Can you get a babysitter :goodvibes ?

I wouldn't take my kids when they were 5. I have no problem with Bon Jovi, or their music, my kids would just be too restless and whiny at that age.

They would also probably get impossibly cranky by 10 p.m.

And have to be taken to the bathroom numerous times.

And want snacks.

And want to go for a walk.

And want to go home.

And I wouldn't have any fun!

Granted, a 5 year old likes the music & for the most part the lyrics will go over their heads.
HOWEVER - You have to remember - this isn't just Bon Jovi - Nickleback is also performing. I would NOT take a 5 year old to see them!!

Even though there will be 3 generations of women there just for Bon Jovi, the majority of the people there will not be on their lookout or their best behavior for a 5 year old.

You know people will be dancing in their seats & most likely provacitively (sp?). It is one thing to listen to the music at home but it is another to listen in a venue like that. Guaranteed, unless he knows every word to every song for him to sing along too, he will be very antsy before 3 hours - never mind the whole concert.

Just for the record - my DD6 LOVES Nickleback & Bon Jovi ALMOST as much as I do - but for a show like this - I wouldn't be able to enjoy myself because I would be too busy trying to entertain her & trying to keep an eye on her.

Not to young...I was taking my godson at 5 to concerts and my daughter is 6 and went to Aerosmith last year and is going to hopefully go to another one this year.

Just wanted to get a few opinions on this.

I bought 3 tickets, for me, my dad and a friend to go see Bon Jovi at Gillette Stadium in July. My wife at first didn't really care to go. Now, she wants to. Our 5 year old likes Bon Jovi. However, my opinion is that 5 is WAY too young to be at a concert like that. I think he'll get antsy for one. Plus, if we take him to loud movies, he insists on wearing ear plugs.

I told my wife if she insisted on it, I would buy 2 tickets, give them to my father and friend and I would sit with her and our 5 year old in the tickets I originally bought.

What's your opinion? 5 years old - Too young for a Bon Jovi concert?
So what did you decide and how did it go? I’m in the predicament now. My daughter, Jovi, is 6. We typically do front row or pit but opted to do first row in the stands so she can see (even if she has to sit). I have 10 days to change my mind. These definitely weren’t $100 tickets 😬 but I mean, she’s Jovi. I’d hate to wait too long for her to see her namesake!!!

So what did you decide and how did it go? I’m in the predicament now. My daughter, Jovi, is 6. We typically do front row or pit but opted to do first row in the stands so she can see (even if she has to sit). I have 10 days to change my mind. These definitely weren’t $100 tickets 😬 but I mean, she’s Jovi. I’d hate to wait too long for her to see her namesake!!!
FYI, this thread is from 2006. So child in question is now 19 or 20 years old. And OP was last seen Oct 2018 so you may not get a response.

Bon Jovi I would. I took my 7 year old to a KISS concert as it is her absolute favorite and likely her only opportunity.

Go for it.
I saw Bon Jovi a few years ago, it was pretty tame compared to the old days.

Choose only one:
(a) If the purpose of going is to enjoy the concert yourself then you should not take your 5yo.
(b) If the purpose of going is to take your child (, who cannot go alone,) then you should take your 5yo.
In (b) you must be prepared at any time to take off your concert goer's hat and put on your parent's hat.

Choose only one:
(a) If the purpose of going is to enjoy the concert yourself then you should not take your 5yo.
(b) If the purpose of going is to take your child (, who cannot go alone,) then you should take your 5yo.
In (b) you must be prepared at any time to take off your concert goer's hat and put on your parent's hat.

What is a concert goer's hat?

Never mind my 5 year old seeing others engaging in inappropriate behavior. I wouldn't want her to see how <I> used to act at concerts.

Not willing to change my concert goer's hat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!