Is 5 too young for a rock concert?

Is 5 years old too young for a Boon Jovi concert?

• Yes - 5 Years old is too young

• No - 5 years is old enough

Results are only viewable after voting.
You know your kid. I have taken a couple of my kids to concerts when they were that age. Not all of them because their temperments are all different. Only you know your child well enough to answer this question.

Most of the kids i've seen under 10ish at concerts don't seem to be enjoying them much. So I am voting yes.

OOOO A zombie thread.
6 out of 10 zombies said Bon Jovi is one of them.
3 out of 10 zombies said 5 is too young for a rock concert, but 70 is too young for a Bon Jovi concert.
One Zombie asked us if we would like to go with he and Bon Jovi for dinner. But given Bon Jovi is a zombie, we surmised we were the dinner, and ended the survey.

I was never a big fan of concerts. I think I’ve been to about 4-5 in 60 years. I prefer theater shows.

What is a concert goer's hat?
Hat = frame of mind? Level of responsibility/being the responsible parent?
Never mind my 5 year old seeing others engaging in inappropriate behavior. I wouldn't want her to see how <I> used to act at concerts.

Not willing to change my concert goer's hat.
Key words being "used to" ;)
OOOO A zombie thread.
You're having a lot of fun with this today, aren't you? :D

I think it depends on the concert and where your seats are. But don't see it as him "insisting" to wear ear plugs. If at a concert like this, definitely bring along ear protection for him!

I know this is a zombie thread but what the hey...

I think it depends on several things. Who's playing? Do you have seats or is this GA on the floor? How does your child react to situations like this?

For example, I'd take a five year old to see Paul McCartney if we had seats. I would not take a five year old to GA standing room for blink-182.

I would take anybody of any age to see Cher! You’re never too young to appreciate sheer fabulousness!
Yes but once someone is 5, they recognize Cher isn't fabulous. So for different reasons, I wouldn't take a 5 year old to see Cher either.

I took my son to two concerts when he was 5, maybe 6. It was a waste of my money as he fell asleep both times - I then had to basically carry him to the car.

Only if they’re straight men or they have no taste.

Hey!!! I'm a straight man who's always liked Cher. :)

Granted, I probably wouldn't have attended her concert in December if DW hadn't asked to go. But I'm glad we went. She put on a great show. I'll probably go to her next Farewell tour too!!

Oldies revival acts are one thing, but taking a kid to a show like Bon Jovi where people are likely to be passing around the "wacky weed" wouldn't be a good idea. You could explain that to a 12 year old, but not a 5 year old.
Robin M.

Not too many people smoking weed at a Bon Jovi show.

My niece was 4 or 5 when she went to see John Fogerty..lol...she knew who he was from her Barney or Wiggles music dvds (can' t remember which one) and asked if he ever came to tour by use if we would take her. He did, so we did and everyone around her was amazed that she knew the words to all his songs (Not his new ones). It helped that we are big CCR fans and music is always playing at her Grandmother's house.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter