Is any one else having trouble getting through to Member Services?

I called to modify a reservation yesterday. Dialed about 10 times before I could get through, then I was on hold for almost an hour, but I did get through and was able to modify the reservation. Sounds like I got lucky to get through.

I have been on hold for at least an hour, mostly around 90 minutes lately, and that's after dialing & redialing for a half hour. Clearly, they are more than swamped(and possibly still short staffed?). Try calling first thing in the AM at 9EST.

Can't even get to being on hold. I just get an instant busy signal. We currently have a Boardwalk Garden View 1-bedroom, but I want to wait list the standard view, and I can't figure out how to do it on the website.

My nephew has been trying for a week. All he ever gets is the busy signal. I doubt he would have the patience to stay on hold for 90 minutes even if he did get through. Let's hope things get better as the days go by.

Can't even get to being on hold. I just get an instant busy signal. We currently have a Boardwalk Garden View 1-bedroom, but I want to wait list the standard view, and I can't figure out how to do it on the website.
Go in like you’re searching for a reservation. Choose the room and dates. If the room does not have all of the dates available, there will be a box that shows waitlist only. Click on that. It’s pretty self explanatory from there. Choose to replace the existing reservation and you’re done.

Not only are the phones insane but the online is too. 10 minutes ago I see availability on Jan 1. Go in to modify and it says out of booking window? Today IS 6/1. That’s the 7 month mark since 8 AM this morning! Of course room is gone. The kicker is I was half way through my 45 minute hold time and got disconnected- AGAIN! I’m so aggravated at the system right now. It has such a huge margin for improvement.

Go in like you’re searching for a reservation. Choose the room and dates. If the room does not have all of the dates available, there will be a box that shows waitlist only. Click on that. It’s pretty self explanatory from there. Choose to replace the existing reservation and you’re done.

Thanks!

I'm having a problem getting into the web site. Keeps timing out on me. Totally annoying as I want to add on a couple of days to a reservations.

Tried chat yesterday. Was in queue for 55 minutes, then they shut down chat. o_O So frustrating.

Tried chat yesterday. Was in queue for 55 minutes, then they shut down chat. o_O So frustrating.
The least painful time I have found for the phones is right when they open. I try getting through the prompts at like 8:58 AM EST. Even right at 9 today the lines were jammed.

I have been calling all day and it is constantly a busy signal. Anyone else having problems?/
A week ago, I called a couple of minutes after 9am and once through the preliminary options and notices was informed there would be a 40 minute wait (which was a low estimate). The entire process last almost an hour.

Last night I tried 11 times from 5PM until after 9PM (when MS closed) and got nothing except the fast busy signal. At 9:25, the busy signal was gone and the usual after hours greeting was back again.

This morning I dialed at 8:59am and got thru the preliminary options by 9:01 and then went to hold. At 9:06am, there was an announcement that "Due to heavy call volume" my wait would be 18 minutes - which turned into 25 but again was able to complete my transaction by 9:40am.

Between very heavy call demand and , IMO, bare-bones staffing, wait times later in the day are creating a lot of frustration for DVC Members.

I expect such delays until the DVC Resorts and Theme Parks have reopened. The messages while on Hold constantly go through the current policies in place regarding Holding account and Theme Park admission tickets.

Man, have been trying over 20 times to book a single day and always after doing everything and hitting the reserve button I keep getting those evil dwarves.

Annoyingly it borrowed the points for the reservation just doesn't make the final booking.

I have been trying for several days to get through and only get a busy signal. I sent a message through the website the day they announced the DVC reopening date, and no response to that either. Has anyone had any luck with a request to "un-borrow" points? Since we won't be able to go, is there any chance they will let me return my June 21 points to that use year?

I have been trying for several days to get through and only get a busy signal. I sent a message through the website the day they announced the DVC reopening date, and no response to that either. Has anyone had any luck with a request to "un-borrow" points? Since we won't be able to go, is there any chance they will let me return my June 21 points to that use year?

Yes. That policy has been consistently. Normally around 15 days from when you cancel

Well that's cool! So you mean if I cancel, in 15 days the 30 points I borrowed from June 2021 will go back to June 2021? Sweet!

Correct. Now I followed up with an email to DVC just to be sure they knew I did it..but others have not and it happened. Or just do the chat

Kept getting a busy signal but somehow got through to the menu at 9:57am. Now I'm waiting to see how long this take.

Update....it took about 30 minutes to get someone on the phone. Didn't get much help because she didn't see my 2018 points yet which means I'll have to call back at some point .

Last edited:
Well, now I'm on over a week wait to response to my email (sent through the website), and still can only get a busy signal and the website says chat not available at this time. I have tried multiple times to cancel my reservation on the website, but the dwarfs just keep laughing at me. I am the biggest Disney apologist out there: I defend pretty much everything they do. Even I am getting frustrated by this. Doesn't it seem like they would have increased capacity to take contacts before they started announcing their reopening plans? I'm disappointed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!