Get Excited: Downtown Disney Has Now Reopened Superthread!

I would maybe give Disney a call to see what the rule is. I have seen dogs in DTD but I have a feeling it was because they were headed towards the kennel. Although I am not sure if the rules would be different if they were in a stroller or carrier.
There was one time we were swing dancing by the DTD Main Stage (by EOS) and this guy walked by with his goat! And not a pygmy goat -- it was a full size one. He joined the dancing for a minute -- with the goat -- then walked off toward the parking lot. That was definitely memorable. I have no idea what the rules are about goats.

There was one time we were swing dancing by the DTD Main Stage (by EOS) and this guy walked by with his goat! And not a pygmy goat -- it was a full size one. He joined the dancing for a minute -- with the goat -- then walked off toward the parking lot. That was definitely memorable. I have no idea what the rules are about goats.
Whoa! I am pretty sure mini horses are listed as an approved service animal....

I'm not local, but I am so anxious for my local Disney stores (and the Disney Outlet!) to open. I wish we even had some news about those.

I'm not local, but I am so anxious for my local Disney stores (and the Disney Outlet!) to open. I wish we even had some news about those.

I think the Disney Stores are reopening according to local retail reopening laws. In my country, non essential retail stores were allowed to reopen 15 June and my local Disney Store reopened on 18 June. It was such an amazing feeling to be in a Disney atmosphere after the lockdown and everything that is going on, and yes I did feel a bit emotional.

I think the Disney Stores are reopening according to local retail reopening laws. In my country, non essential retail stores were allowed to reopen 15 June and my local Disney Store reopened on 18 June. It was such an amazing feeling to be in a Disney atmosphere after the lockdown and everything that is going on, and yes I did feel a bit emotional.
I'm in AZ, and the majority of the other mall stores are open already (facemasks required). The AZ Disney Stores are all still dark. :(

I'm in AZ, and the majority of the other mall stores are open already (facemasks required). The AZ Disney Stores are all still dark. :(
Same for Los Angeles. Malls are open here for indoor shopping. But the Disney stores are still closed.

We are! We are going July 9. Plan to grab lunch at EoS and Napolini (family is split), provided they are both open. Can't wait to visit World of Disney and hope that Marcelines is open so we can grab some treats!
Shame on Disney if Marcelines is closed. Disney should get the Little Red Wagon, all churro carts, all popcorn carts, frozen lemonade carts, doughnut carts, Disneyland themed items carts/stands, etc and line them up in the esplanade and if more space is needed, going towards Harbor Blvd and make Disney fans happy and lots of funds pouring in to the Disney coffers. If Rainforest Cafe will not return, turn that into a character meal. How cool, Breakfast, lunch, dinner character meals there.
Have take out only from restaurants on Main Street. Place your order at ticket booths and have CMs bring the orders up. It goes on and on.

I live near the San Francisco and I'm thinking - well maybe I could just drive down go shopping at the world of Disney and Drive back! LOL But with the increase of Covid cases it's best if I just wait.

I just shared with my hubby that it is getting ready to open! Hoping and fingers crossed that he might say something that resembled “Are you going?”! I only heard “ I don’t think it will be worth flying out for a day”.
Sound, solid reasoning.........BUT I wish I could go! 😢

I just shared with my hubby that it is getting ready to open! Hoping and fingers crossed that he might say something that resembled “Are you going?”! I only heard “ I don’t think it will be worth flying out for a day”.
Sound, solid reasoning.........BUT I wish I could go! 😢
I'm with you. I dream of just driving down from the bay area for the day to shop at the world of Disney. LOL Not going to happen but it's still a good dream.

We will be down in the area in late July, so we plan to stop there for a meal and to be in the Disney bubble. I look forward to seeing the pictures later this week as people starting going.

I will probably go on Sunday for a few hours. It’ll give me a small taste of Disney and of better times. I’ll gauge the situation when I arrive. If it looks like too many people are there for my comfort level, I’ll simply drive back to LA and go for a hike.

Last edited:
We're local and my DH and I (and maybe 12 yr old DD) will be going on Thursday! I will even be wearing a Steamboat Willie Disneybound, lol. Very excited for even a little Disney magic. The Disney store nearest to us is still not open despite it being in a mall which has been open for awhile now.

I know World of Disney will be open at DTD (yay!) but have been hearing about many of the restaurants NOT opening. Hoping at least Earl of Sandwich will be open. And Pin Traders!

If anyone goes opening day please report on the parking situation. Simba is apparently the smallest lot. So I’m worried there will be parking issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter