Is anyone talking about Florida visitors quarantine for NY, NY & CT?

mjr0483

DIS Veteran
It seems there is an executive order for all visitors from New York Tri-State area.
https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/travelers/
With Disney World taking reservations starting July 1st, is there any talk of lifting this Executive Order?
I bet many people don't even know this is in force.

Executive Order Number 20-82
  • On March 24, 2020, Governor DeSantis directed all individuals entering the state of Florida from the New York Tri-State Area (Connecticut, New Jersey, and New York) to isolate or quarantine for a period of 14 days from the time of entry into Florida or the duration of the individual’s presence in Florida, whichever is shorter. This order will take effect immediately.
    • This Executive Order does not apply to individuals employed by airlines or those performing military, emergency, or health responses.
    • All persons isolating or quarantining will be responsible for all costs associated with their isolation or quarantine. This includes transportation, lodging, food, medical care and any other expenses to sustain the individual during their period of isolation or quarantine.

This has been in place for a little while now, and has been discussed in some other posts regarding people wondering if they'll even be able to go. There is no word yet on when this order will be lifted, and I assume it has everything to do with data in those areas.

We are from that area - we can not afford 14 days of doing nothing but paying for a hotel room and food then another 7 days in WDW

Not a problem - we now go to WDW May 2021
If no vaccine - then May 2022 and so forth till one is created ,,,,,May 2023,,,May 2024 .... then we will give up our vacation to WDW

We live in NYC. Very simply, if this order is still in place at the time of our anticipated visit mid August we will not be going to DW until it's lifted. We have no intention of spending our DW money to quarantine in a hotel room.

There is really no way for the state to enforce it.

It is most definitely enforced! I personally know of two people sitting in jail right now for not complying. NO BOND.

It's still going on, the trucks have the left lanes, and all others are vetted at weigh stations. It's been very nice for our family because we own a mobile home moving business and our guys are able to move 4 homes a day between GA and FL since they don't have to stop.

Of course if it's in effect and/or being enforced, we are not coming to Florida or any other state that requires being quarantined for two weeks.

Unless I had a summer/second home, I can't see coming down. Hopefully Disney or another other vacation/beach place will be there in the future. Disney and other companies can stay open for locals. It's all good. We have cancelled two vacations and will cancel the next one that was scheduled before the coronavirus.

Not "normal" times. Patience.

Last edited:
Of course it it's in effect and/or being enforced, we are not coming to Florida or any other state that requires being quarantined for two weeks.

Unless I had a summer/second home, I can't see coming down. Hopefully Disney or another other vacation/beach place will be there in the future. Disney and other companies can stay open for locals. It's all good. We have cancelled two vacations and will cancel the next one that was scheduled before the coronavirus.

Not "normal" times. Patience.

In Florida, it's only required for residents of those three states. The rest of country can come in with no quarantine requirements.

Also, I don't think Disney parks will be open before the requirement lifts, anyway. As of now, it's supposed to lift about a week into July. That's about the same time as my personal prediction for parks reopening. IMHO, the requirements will not impact anyone coming to WDW on vacation upon reopening, due to the time frame.

But, like you said, these are not normal times so nobody can say for sure. It's uncharted territory for all of us and the rule makers.

How is Florida going to manage to all the “outbreaks” they will get when the thousands of Floridians coming to NY right now come back in the fall? Will they need to report their trip to someone in the Florida government upon returning and not leave their home for 14 days? There are so many people from Florida here in NY and not quarentining and mingling w their social groups. We New Yorkers have been quarantined since March have been on a decline while others have not. Do you see how ridiculous this all is? I was really happy to see Floridians suing because of not being able to rent their vacation rentals. I think DeSantis is doing this strictly because NY has a democratic Governor. This is all my opinion of course.

I would guess as soon as they announce the first major theme park opening date is the same day the quarentine will be lifted. Isn't Louisiana on the list too though?

The ONLY way they can enforce it is if you fly in and use Magical Express.
I don’t want to break rules so I will not expand on how easy it is to get around this issue but I have a question...
the OP it states coming from “tri state area”, is that accurate? Ie you can come from Albany for example, without issue?

The ONLY way they can enforce it is if you fly in and use Magical Express.
I don’t want to break rules so I will not expand on how easy it is to get around this issue but I have a question...
the OP it states coming from “tri state area”, is that accurate? Ie you can come from Albany for example, without issue?
Nope NY state as a whole is part of the restriction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter