Is anyone tempted to sell and use $ to BUY home in Fla NOW due to real estae prices?

Disney is/has "begged" me to work for them full time.
My problem is that I have elderly family to be responsible for.
When that 'changes' I will move to the Orlando area and work for them, while still keeping our DVC ownership! :)

I look at this as a true blessing! :)

The former resident smilie king Nick did just this and was even mentioned in the recent Vacation Magic. He and his wife Cindy sold 2/3 of their points and kept some to live and retire in VB permanently. They locked in their price 1 year ago at $200,000. The same house now is selling for $275,000. They are downsizing and are very excited not to be shoveling snow anymore!
Sounds nice to me! What more could you want?!? Living in Florida near the beach and still having some points to stay at WDW. :sunny:

We just moved from MA to Cocoa FL....while we didn't own our home in MA we had a substantial down payment that went a lot farther here than it would have in MA. We purchased in October and could sell our home today for 60-70,000 more than what we paid for it. (we know because there are have been recent sales in our neighborhood of similar homes/sites for that amount) We are waiting for phase II of our neighborhood to be built and some here believe the value of our homes is going to increase significantly again.

When I lived in MA people kept talking about the "housing bubble" they've been talking about it for the last 5 years at least!

Oh, and moving an hour away from Disney----we still kept our DVC points! Some things in life you just don't give up no matter what!!! :flower:

Mai Ku Tiki said:
I know I'm NUTZ, but with house prices rising so fast...DVC could provide the down payment on retirement/2nd/relocation/vacation home.

Is anyone else panicy that their 'DREAM' home in FLA will soon be out of reach and NOW is the time to buy?

Yes, I LOVE my DVC/BCV and it IS my 'HOME AWAY FROM HOME' for the present, but for those of us who want a real place in FLA. maybe now is the time to take the money and run??? What if I can never live under the palm trees???

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks ~Rose~ :hourglass

Three thoughts. The time to buy is not when the market is overheated and much of Florida is these days. I think we are in a price bubble and that the probability of a downward adjustment is strong. I believe this because of the real estate flipping and the creative financing in that market. Both of those practices are indicative of a hyper market.

If you want to retire in Florida the important issue is to get in the market. I suspect that with a little research you can narrow your choices on location and just a little thinking about life when you are older will guide the type of housing that may be appropriate. Even if you are wrong you will benefit from a run up in prices that will allow you to trade to something more to your liking later.

Timeshares are an expensive retirement option. I contain the timeshares to vacation needs, not housing needs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter