Is BOG breakfast or lunch really that cool?

MacMama0930

I've Found My Laughing Place
As a WDW newbie, I hastily grabbed two reservations for my October trip, one for breakfast and one for lunch. I did not realize, however, that you only meet the beast at dinner. Without any kind of character interaction, is there really that much of an appeal? I’ll be with 7 yr old DD and 10 yr old DS, both of which like Beauty and the Beast. I don’t really need to go somewhere just because it’s hyped up, I want there to be a cool experience. So, my question is, should I cancel?

I have the same question. I want to see the restaurant but the food never looks that good. :(

I would for sure drop the breakfast if you are not on a dining plan, at $25 for an adult meal I don't think its good value. Lunch I find much better though and seeing the ball room etc inside the castle is a pretty cool experience, Beast or not.

"Without any kind of character interaction, is there really that much of an appeal?"

Not really. Look at the lunch menu and see if anything looks good. The inside is nice but not worth all the hype it gets.

"Without any kind of character interaction, is there really that much of an appeal?"

Not really. Look at the lunch menu and see if anything looks good. The inside is nice but not worth all the hype it gets.

Kind of a silly question because I think I know the answer but can you just walk in and look around? I would think yes, not like hang out or anything but take a quick walk around?

It is a good quick service credit if you use the dining plan. Definitely try it once if you're a huge Beauty and the Beast fan. Otherwise, I was over it after the 2nd visit (1st visit we went for breakfast, 2nd was for lunch).

I think it’s really cool place to see at least once. If you don’t have a dining plan, OP, the lunch is a way better value. The pork dish is excellent, but there are other choices.

It’s hard to get a table in the West Wing, but the most effects happen there. Def visit the room if you can’t get a table there. The main ballroom is lovely with snow falling outside. ;) The music room has a lot of details, but nothing really cool like the snow or everything to be seen in the West Wing.

If you love Beauty and the Beast, it may be worth keeping one of the reservations. If I had to choose, I would choose lunch as I think the food is pretty good. Make sure you pre-order as the lines inside to order can get really long. IMHO, the ballroom and west wing specifically look like the rooms in the movie (music box room, not so much), but during QS hours, it does feel a bit cavernous and crowded, IMHO. It's not like going to a more themed or immersive dining experience (like Sci-Fi, for instance). Dinner is definitely a more subdued experience there.

We thought so - had breakfast which was better than expected. Yes, a bit pricey though. It’s very cool inside & I do recommend checking it out.

If you don''t mind the cost then dinner is the way to go. The food's not bad and the atmosphere is great.

I would actually do dinner if I could but there’s no reservations.

I don’t want to jam pack my schedule with ADRs since we have Club lounge offerings but it’s tempting to do see all these cool places.

I really liked the look of Sci-Fi and have that booked one evening for dinner. We also have Ohana’s dinner. But I think that’s it for ADRs. We also have MNSSHP with (fingers crossed) the dessert party as well as Return to Sleep Hallow dessert party thing. I don’t want to be a slave to too many reservations.

Do Beauty and the Beast ever dance at dinner? I thought I saw a commercial or something where they showed that. THAT would be awesome.

Do Beauty and the Beast ever dance at dinner? I thought I saw a commercial or something where they showed that. THAT would be awesome.
No, belle is not at BOG.

I think its fun to do once. Seeing the inside was neat. You can share if you are going for the experience more than the food. We did that for a PPO breakfast and it was a good compromise.

We went for lunch in August. It was me, hubby, and twin dh. If all of our amazing and magical experiences this was not one of them. Even with a reservation the waiting to order was awful ( should be better now as they let you are order now on the dp). then you have to find a seat, it's busy and very loud, and get silverware and drinks. Also one twin was a little afraid of the place she was scared the beast was going to be mad we were there! This is where it got awful i took the girls to the bathroom and the Staff won't leave our food on the table with my husband because I have the receipt in my pocket in the bathroom! Apparently the receipt needs to be visible on the table. Lots of healthy options which was good but tasted just ok. Cupcakes were really good but imho you can get better treats at main street bakery of Aloha isle! One and done for us! If you are beauty and the beast fans go to enchanted tales with belle it is awesome!

We love the breakfast if your on DDP its a good value for QS, to be able to get in to eat at Beast Castle and the food is decent BUT at $25 a plate not worth it OOP. Its basically quick service type breakfast but we don't like the menu at lunch or dinner so breakfast is the only time we get to eat in BOG

We like both breakfast and lunch. I think lunch is a good option, both because I like the food, and because it is a nice place to relax mid day. The restaurant is cool, yes, and worth having a meal just to see it.

I would keep the lunch res. We have done lunch twice and really enjoyed it. The theming is amazing and we were really impressed on our first visit. It's also a nice mid-day break and I honestly like that you can refill your drinks! We did breakfast once as a PPO to get to 7DMT. It was good, but overpriced.

If you really want to see the rooms but don’t like the food/don’t want to spend a lot of money, you could always keep your lunch reservation but just order desserts. Eat lunch at another QS ahead of time and then go to BOG to at least see everything and try the gray stuff :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter