Is BOG breakfast or lunch really that cool?

For us, breakfast is an option if, and only if, you get a pre-park opening ADR, and you got free dining. We split a breakfast, and get out early so we can get a jump on the 7 Dwarfs Mine Train.

If paying out of pocket, no way for breakfast.

Lunch would be nice if you like the food, and maybe share meals? It is really nice inside.

We don't really care for breakfast or lunch at BoG. Dinner, however, we really enjoy. It is a very different experience than breakfast and lunch. To me breakfast and lunch feel like nothing but big, chaotic QS meals. Dinner is TS and we have always had a great meal and excellent service. However, if you prefer not to spend the money for dinner and you have a Beauty and The Beast fan in your group, it is probably worth it to do either breakfast or lunch once to get to see inside the castle. We did enjoy the food at breakfast when they first started doing breakfast several years ago, but they have changed the menu several times since then and our favorites kept getting removed I do think breakfast is overpriced. Lunch is more reasonably priced so if I had to choose between the two I would suggest going for lunch.

The food at lunch is not gourmet, but it is filling and tasty. I would rate it up there as one of the better quick service options in the Magic Kingdom (though Columbia Harbor House is the best in my rankings). Add in the atmosphere and it's a solid option for a meal. I have lunch booked on my next trip so my friend can "experience" the castle and because we needed another Magic Kingdom lunch.

I would actually do dinner if I could but there’s no reservations.

I don’t want to jam pack my schedule with ADRs since we have Club lounge offerings but it’s tempting to do see all these cool places.

I really liked the look of Sci-Fi and have that booked one evening for dinner. We also have Ohana’s dinner. But I think that’s it for ADRs. We also have MNSSHP with (fingers crossed) the dessert party as well as Return to Sleep Hallow dessert party thing. I don’t want to be a slave to too many reservations.

Are they booking dinner reservations at all?

Here is what made it worth it for us. We had an 8:00 reservation for breakfast. We were at the gate by 7:30 and allowed into the park by 7:45. We were in fact the first family in line and got to open the restaurant and got to sit at the beast table. We were done eating ( food was plenty and good) by 8:30 and walked over to the SDMT line and were 2nd in line. Rode by 8:40. Could have ridden several times. Went over to PP line and were let on just before 9, while crowds were still held at the castle opening show. We were of PP and in place to enter Adventure Land when th rope dropped. We were in the front of that pack. It was a good morning. We have done lunch also and we liked the food. The castle is beautiful.

As a WDW newbie, I hastily grabbed two reservations for my October trip, one for breakfast and one for lunch. I did not realize, however, that you only meet the beast at dinner. Without any kind of character interaction, is there really that much of an appeal? I’ll be with 7 yr old DD and 10 yr old DS, both of which like Beauty and the Beast. I don’t really need to go somewhere just because it’s hyped up, I want there to be a cool experience. So, my question is, should I cancel?

Yes, it is! At least once, just to experience the castle inside. We have gone for lunch several times, but probably won't return. We've enjoyed it, but the prices keep going up. We always got lunch - the braised pork which is very good, plus some french onion soup.

Breakfast, IMO, has always been so far out in price, that we have never desired to go for it. It's mostly been pre park opening ressies that have drawn people in.

They’re just booked.
If you dont really want the ADRs, then choose lunch or breakfast. We have never had either since we prefer the dinner menu and experience. But honestly, i would just set up an ADR finder from touring plans and set it up for the days of your trip. They will text and/or email you when they find a reservation that fits your specifications. We booked our trip at 142 days this time so there were, of course, no BOG dinners available. using the reservation finder, we have not only booked one for our trip, we have eventually found one on the day we wanted and now are within 20 minutes of our preferred time. Its taken several reservation switches to get there, but we have basically exact;y what we want and its happened before day 60. That being said, after 60 days, things start moving around alot as people get FPs and switch or drop ADRs and so you might need to give it some time to work. But TP has never let me down at finding the reservation we want yet.

i think it's gorgeous inside. from an architectural and design standpoint it is really well done and worth seeing, in my opinion. i love how its just enough tucked away from everything too

I have been for breakfast and dinner and going to try lunch on my next trip. Breakfast for us was terrible if we were paying out of pocket. Dinner was great but not sure I will go back once the new dinner is put into effect. Nothing really appeals to me on the new menu. The breakfast was very chaotic in my opinion and for $25 I would rather eat at Kona or Whispering Canyon for cheaper and a way better meal.

Lunch is my family’s favorite time to go. The is actually pretty good as far as park food goes, and it’s also really reasonably priced for something you have to have an ADR for.

Seeing the castle at least once is a must. My first choice would be dinner, but lunch is also worth it if you can't get a dinner reservation.

My husband and I go to BOG for lunch every time we visit WDW. We love the ambience, especially the ballroom. The decorations are beautiful, even the ceiling in the main room. The darker room is too dark for me, but the setting is awesome (the rose room I think?)
We are not foodies and don't expect gourmet in Disney (except V&A), so we have always found the food to be very good and never waited for service either.
But, if you are big into character interactions, you might be disappointed. If you want good food and great atmosphere, then BOG is it.

We went for lunch in August. It was me, hubby, and twin dh. If all of our amazing and magical experiences this was not one of them. Even with a reservation the waiting to order was awful ( should be better now as they let you are order now on the dp). then you have to find a seat, it's busy and very loud, and get silverware and drinks. Also one twin was a little afraid of the place she was scared the beast was going to be mad we were there! This is where it got awful i took the girls to the bathroom and the Staff won't leave our food on the table with my husband because I have the receipt in my pocket in the bathroom! Apparently the receipt needs to be visible on the table. Lots of healthy options which was good but tasted just ok. Cupcakes were really good but imho you can get better treats at main street bakery of Aloha isle! One and done for us! If you are beauty and the beast fans go to enchanted tales with belle it is awesome!

You've always been able to pre-order at BOG with the DDP (as long as pre-ordering has been a thing). It's not the same thing as mobile ordering.

I think the lunch is worth it and one of the best QS options at MK food-wise. And the atmosphere is great.

We've tried breakfast, lunch, and dinner at BOG, and tbh, the only one I thought was worth either the credit or the cash was the lunch. To be fair, we had dinner ADRs not long after it opened, but the experience put us off and no one wants to risk it again. Planning to do lunch again this year, though. Editing to say that the ambience is definitely cool. We really liked the ballroom and Beast's chamber/the West Wing or whatever people call it...

Last edited:
I went last summer for lunch and I must say, getting to dine in Beast's castle is worth doing at least once! The food was "ok" -- it was definitely not our most favorite meal but it certainly wasn't our least favorite of the trip. The only reason we are going back this summer is because we have the QS dining plan. Although the restaurant is QS for breakfast and lunch, it feels like you're getting a table service meal because of the experience. Would I pay out of pocket to eat there again? No. But like I said, it is worth doing once! And that's coming from two adults with no children. ;)

As a WDW newbie, I hastily grabbed two reservations for my October trip, one for breakfast and one for lunch. I did not realize, however, that you only meet the beast at dinner. Without any kind of character interaction, is there really that much of an appeal? I’ll be with 7 yr old DD and 10 yr old DS, both of which like Beauty and the Beast. I don’t really need to go somewhere just because it’s hyped up, I want there to be a cool experience. So, my question is, should I cancel?
The restaurant is lovely, especially the West Wing and the part of the main ballroom by the snowing windows. The food is tasty, but nothing special. It's always busy, but has a nicer atmosphere than most counter service locations.

Here is what made it worth it for us. We had an 8:00 reservation for breakfast. We were at the gate by 7:30 and allowed into the park by 7:45. We were in fact the first family in line and got to open the restaurant and got to sit at the beast table. We were done eating ( food was plenty and good) by 8:30 and walked over to the SDMT line and were 2nd in line. Rode by 8:40. Could have ridden several times. Went over to PP line and were let on just before 9, while crowds were still held at the castle opening show. We were of PP and in place to enter Adventure Land when th rope dropped. We were in the front of that pack. It was a good morning. We have done lunch also and we liked the food. The castle is beautiful.
We've had the same exact experience.

We have gone for lunch a few times and have always found it to be one of our favorite QS meals of the trip. We like the braised pork as well as the grilled ham and cheese. The fries are yummy and the strawberry cupcake is great too. We also like that we can refill our drinks. We do pre-order and have never had much of a wait for our food. We really like that we can spend as little or as much time as we want relaxing in a cool, beautiful place and taking a break from the hectic park outside. We have eaten in each of the rooms and have enjoyed all of them. However, the rose room is dark and might be scary for little ones. We were also a little annoyed by so many people milling around our table making pictures or just watching the portrait and the rose.

We aren't huge Beauty and Beast fans, but all of us really enjoy the theming and the feel of actually being in the Beast's castle. Especially since your kids are fans, I would definitely recommend that you give it a try!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter