• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is Candlelight Processional pkg necessary?

kbkids

<font color=cc0066>Loves the World in February<br>
We will be there on December 3rd (a Friday night). We will be getting to Orlando around 4:00 if all goes well. We currently have a 5:45 PS for the 8:15 show. My concern is - well, the money - but mostly, everytime we have tried to get to Orlando at our expected time, we've always been 3-4 hours later getting there - didn't get out of town when we expected to, DH left his wallet at home and realized it 2 hours into the trip, etc. With the 48 hour cancellation policy, I know we'd be out the money if something like this happened. Also, we have the Disney Dining Experience card, normally giving us 20% off meals, so it's killing me to pay full price for our restaurant

It's not essential that we go to the 8:15 show - just would prefer it . We went this same weekend last year, and it was definitely slower, but we didn't do the Candlelight Processional. There is a MVMCP going on that night, so will this make crowds lighter at Epcot? I'm willing to do any of the 3 shows if it gets us out of the dinner package. What do you think? Should I just stick with our plans and hope nothing happens to make us late? Or could I risk just grabbing something to eat at the counter service restaurants and standing in the stand-by line?

Don't feel too bad kbkids, there's no cast discount on these packages either. Haven't decided if I wanted to do it either. Haven't paid full price at a sit down restraurant in 7 years!

Our family is doing the early show of CP 12/3! We took the package for one reason, two little kids. This way, we knew seating would not be a problem. We are doing a 4ish seating at Le Cellier and the first show.

MVMCP usually sells out on Fridays, so that draws a huge crowd to MK. I don't think you should have a problem getting a seat, especially since it's early in the season.

I had a very negative experience with the standby line on our trip dec 6-11 last year. I'm not sure which night we saw the processional. We actually tried to get a package, but the only restaurant we wanted and hadn't eaten at was Le Cellier, and they were booked up. So we arrived over an hour early and waited in the stand-by line. We were the 20th people in line so I wasn't concerned about us getting in. Then the show started and they didn't let us in. The package people only took up half the seating, but they still didn't let us in. It wasn't until 20 minutes into the show that they let us in. It definately ruined my evening and I wouldn't want it to ruin your vacation. Was 5:45 the latest PS you could get? Maybe if you are running late you can call and let them know? I did that with the Coral Reef and they were cool with it. I had to wait a little longer than normal for a table, but they didn't turn me away (as they were doing to those without PS's).

Since you have seen it before, I would take a chance on standby if your are concerned you will not make it. Get in line an hour before.

Originally posted by DebbieB
Since you have seen it before, I would take a chance on standby if your are concerned you will not make it. Get in line an hour before.

Actually, I haven't seen it before - this will be our first time. I talked with DH about it some more tonight, and he feels pretty confident we should be in town by 4:00, so I guess we're going to risk it and keep the dinner package. I'll just have to give him the third degree that morning before we leave - do you have your wallet? are you sure? let me see it! :rolleyes:

Two questions...do you have AP's, 'cuz if you are worried about the $$$, CP also requires a day's park admission. If you don't have AP's this adds big bucks to the cost of the pkg.if you won't be getting to Orlando til 4pm. How long will you be in Orlando...any chance on scheduling your CP pkg for Sat. night? It wouldn't matter when you arrived in Orlando on Friday. If you have AP's you could go to MGM for Osborne Lights and Fantasmic on Friday...without APmaybe buy tickets for MVMCP on Friday...it's open to midnight, you'll get there in time (joke, LOL, we never get anywhere as expected, either!). I'm trying to decide whether to keep our CP ressie for 12/9 or hope for standby and do Q&C vouchers at Tangerine Cafe for dinner- will save about $60. I'll obsess over this for a few days...you'll probably see me post something about it somewhere!

Originally posted by leebee
Two questions...do you have AP's, 'cuz if you are worried about the $$$, CP also requires a day's park admission. If you don't have AP's this adds big bucks to the cost of the pkg.if you won't be getting to Orlando til 4pm. How long will you be in Orlando...any chance on scheduling your CP pkg for Sat. night? It wouldn't matter when you arrived in Orlando on Friday. If you have AP's you could go to MGM for Osborne Lights and Fantasmic on Friday...without APmaybe buy tickets for MVMCP on Friday...it's open to midnight, you'll get there in time (joke, LOL, we never get anywhere as expected, either!). I'm trying to decide whether to keep our CP ressie for 12/9 or hope for standby and do Q&C vouchers at Tangerine Cafe for dinner- will save about $60. I'll obsess over this for a few days...you'll probably see me post something about it somewhere!

We have seasons passes and they expire on the 4th. DH and I are just making a quick weekend trip (kids have already been 5 times this year, so this is our trip alone). We aren't doing MVMCP, as we're really only interested in the things my kids would never sit for - no way would they ever want to do CP!! - they're only in it for the rides!! :)

I chose Friday night for CP because there is a MVMCP on that night, hoping for fewer crowds at Epcot. Saturday night, we're doing Osbourne Lights and then hopping over to MK for Wishes since it stays open until 11:00 that night. We leave Sunday morning, so there really isn't any other options.

We're only 6 hours away from Disney, so yes, we're perfectly capable of getting there on time - provided the kids get off to school without a hitch that morning, the babysitter doesn't have a last-minute emergency, DH doesn't leave his wallet at home and realize it 2 hours into the trip (he will never live that down!) - you get the picture.

I did talk to him more about it last night, and he seems pretty confident we'll make it on time. So, I guess we'll keep the dinner package and hope nothing goes wrong that morning to make us late.

We were at disney last year Dec.5-13. We went to Epcot 3 different nights. Every time we walked past the CP I checked to see if there was still seating available. The last 2-3 rows were basically empty. There were a lot of passerbys just standing around the outside for a few minutes. If this is a huge deal then I would keep the ressies, if not, I would take my chances.

Lori

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter