Is clothing required on your verandah?

They can just consider it payback for the door slamming and yelling that kids do early in the morning. Plus it is possible to be quiet, something the parents of littles will learn once they are parents of teens. LOL

Exactly! We can be discreet, and can even poke our heads around or listen carefully to confirm that surrounding verandahs are unoccupied. It's not that difficult, in our experience.

^ Exactly. I guess some people don't know the meaning of discretion. Apparently 'getting amorous' involves a lot more noise than I'm aware of?

I swear some of the comments in this thread have been made with very little thought. "My kids better not see you!" well, teach your kids not to be nosy. "Your neighbors CAN hear you!!" no, they can't. "If people looked straight down from the deck above they WILL see you!" unless the couple involved are somehow hanging over the railings going at it, yeah fat chance.

Last edited:
Some of the comments on this thread are pretty hilarious. If you want to go out on your verandah in your birthday suit, I'd say it is OK, but if you are considerate of others or even a bit more concerned about what others might see of you, please be sure to check carefully (while clothed) what you can see yourself. If you can see into your neighbors verandah without much effort, they can see you.

Frankly speaking, your appearance should have no bearing whatsoever on your decision either, because the whole point is that you are not doing for anyone's viewing pleasure.

Please be considerate though. If you choose to make the Verandah a place for sex, understand that there are many people on the ship that may not have the same view of sexual acts as you do. Be discreet.

Personally, I don't mind at all. It's your business.

Exactly! We can be discreet, and can even poke our heads around or listen carefully to confirm that surrounding verandahs are unoccupied. It's not that difficult, in our experience.
Whoa!!! The irony here.... Poke your head around to look in their veranda??

What if they're naked!!?? Or even doing something else....?

MG

Soon people will start a Verandah Club hourly rental. Maybe that's what I should do. For all those inside and outside view rooms. I know we have discussed it in the past.

Just amazes me on how many people think the verandah club is wrong. I'm glad I'm not the only one that knows it's not. Even though it sounds like some here think that is should be outlawed.

Soon people will start a Verandah Club hourly rental. Maybe that's what I should do. For all those inside and outside view rooms. I know we have discussed it in the past.

Just amazes me on how many people think the verandah club is wrong. I'm glad I'm not the only one that knows it's not. Even though it sounds like some here think that is should be outlawed.
Are you on the 10/6/17 Magic cruise? I'll rent the verandah from you and I'll just need 2 minutes tops!! :rotfl2:

Whoa!!! The irony here.... Poke your head around to look in their veranda??

What if they're naked!!?? Or even doing something else....?

MG

Well, according to some on this thread, if I do, it's their fault for being naked, so I guess we're in the clear.

In all seriousness, it's easy to tell if surrounding verandas are occupied just by listening, and by using a modicum of common sense.

Well, according to some on this thread, if I do, it's their fault for being naked, so I guess we're in the clear.

In all seriousness, it's easy to tell if surrounding verandas are occupied just by listening, and by using a modicum of common sense.

Given that I have a nook (e-reader), you'd be pretty hard pressed to tell by listening if I was out reading on my verandah...

Given that I have a nook (e-reader), you'd be pretty hard pressed to tell by listening if I was out reading on my verandah...

Meh, I bet we'd hear you breathing and sense the ambient noise of you just sitting there. We have before plenty of times. Even the occasional rustle of slight movement is easy to pick up when listening for it. This isn't our first rodeo. But we'll try to avoid cruising with you in case you are laying in wait.

I've read through many of these comments advocating the verandah club and the question I have is - why? I mean, go in your room and have at it. The only people interested would be voyeurs, and I doubt you'd find many on a Disney ship. I think that sort of crossed the line of consideration here, the initial question was simply regarding whether there was a policy on clothing requirement on a private verandah. Legitimate question. But I suppose since it's been brought up that is a legitimate area of concern. I'm sure if Disney was aware that activity was going on on their ship's verandahs they'd have a legit business concern as that doesn't fit with their business model and could dissuade families from cruising.

Our first cruise we had my parents on one side and my niece and nephews on the other. It took a while to get our verandas connected, so my 3 year old nephew just slid underneath when he wanted to visit...

I've read through many of these comments advocating the verandah club and the question I have is - why? I mean, go in your room and have at it. The only people interested would be voyeurs, and I doubt you'd find many on a Disney ship. I think that sort of crossed the line of consideration here, the initial question was simply regarding whether there was a policy on clothing requirement on a private verandah. Legitimate question. But I suppose since it's been brought up that is a legitimate area of concern. I'm sure if Disney was aware that activity was going on on their ship's verandahs they'd have a legit business concern as that doesn't fit with their business model and could dissuade families from cruising.
Do you really believe DCL doesn't know this happens on a regular basis?

I'm pretty surprised at the number of people who seem surprised at the existence of a "verandah club". Mythical or not, the idea of someone choosing to use this space for sex should not be a surprise to anyone. After all, where did all those kids on the Disney shop come from?

I think it would be great to hear how many were conceived on a Disney ship and how many of those could have been out on the Verandah.

My advice to those concerned about accidentally seeing something they don't want to see. Don't look. Don't glance and tell your kids to not be so nosy. If they see something they are not supposed to, maybe they will learn their lesson.

I'm pretty surprised at the number of people who seem surprised at the existence of a "verandah club". Mythical or not, the idea of someone choosing to use this space for sex should not be a surprise to anyone. After all, where did all those kids on the Disney shop come from?

I think it would be great to hear how many were conceived on a Disney ship and how many of those could have been out on the Verandah.

My advice to those concerned about accidentally seeing something they don't want to see. Don't look. Don't glance and tell your kids to not be so nosy. If they see something they are not supposed to, maybe they will learn their lesson.

Oh, it is not mythical, trust me. It even has even Silver, Gold, and Platinum levels, along with a Grand Slam distinction. As for permanent souvenirs, our goal is to stay out of that category.

Last edited:
I think privacy is expected in your room and balcony. Really dissuade? Harsh. Maybe those people need to live a little.

JW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter