Is Disney switching to coke freestyle machines at the resorts?

wishtdream

DIS Veteran
I saw on a facebook group that there were recently installed Coke freestyle machines at POFQ. Is Disney switching to coke freestyle machines at the resorts?

I saw on a facebook group that there were recently installed Coke freestyle machines at POFQ. Is Disney switching to coke freestyle machines at the resorts?

Wow, that's awesome if they are!!! Love me some Diet Vanilla Root Beer while at WDW!!! :)

I've heard rumors about this. I'd like to mention though that The POFQ food court is under going refurbishment right now and the free style machines are set up in the temporary grab and go station.

Hopefully. They have one at the QS at he Grand Californian at Disneyland. And one in DCA. I love them....hope they become the norm at all Disney locations.

I'll be the dissenting opinion and say I hope not. I think freestyle machines are great... at first. But after a while since it all comes out the same tap it all starts tasting like vanilla.

I agree, whenever I have to use one I will pick regular coke and then run it to hopefully get the other flavor out then I put some in my cup and taste it, if there isn't a line, and then if it's good enough I'll fill my cup. It still never tastes like fountain coke though. I never get anything else because coke doesn't even taste right, so why try cherry coke or a lemonade, I can only imagine how they would taste.

I agree, whenever I have to use one I will pick regular coke and then run it to hopefully get the other flavor out then I put some in my cup and taste it, if there isn't a line, and then if it's good enough I'll fill my cup. It still never tastes like fountain coke though. I never get anything else because coke doesn't even taste right, so why try cherry coke or a lemonade, I can only imagine how they would taste.

I agree too. I hate the freestyle machines. The drinks taste funny. It's a good idea to run it, but I don't see how you can. You can only fill your mug and wait five minutes. By then someone else will have gotten a drink.

I agree too. I hate the freestyle machines. The drinks taste funny. It's a good idea to run it, but I don't see how you can. You can only fill your mug and wait five minutes. By then someone else will have gotten a drink.

I think the only place I go to somewhat regularly that has them is Five Guys. I just run it for a few seconds then put an inch or two in my cup and taste it and then fill it if it's ok, which it generally is. The times I've not ran it a few seconds and filled my cup from the start it hasn't tasted good at all.

I hope they don't because I always get stuck behind the bickering elderly couple.

"I don't know what I want."
"Get the coke with cherry, you had some at Walters the other day and you loved it."
"No I didn't, it tasted like cough medicine."
"Fine, get whatever you want then."
he stared blankedly at the machine. "...uhhhhh, I think I'll try the cherry again."

It took him about 10 minutes to figure out what he wanted and the stupid Burger King only had one machine.

Last edited:
It may sound weird, but I'd miss the sounds of the soda machines. I love how it sounds like a giant bird screeching and also a broken Mario game. Plus it has that cool commanding voice and has great lines like "Place cup on tray", "Wait for next refill" and "Stop or I'll shoot"

O.K. that last one might have been Robocop

I know some of you don't like these machines but I would love to see them migrate out to the pool area. I hate sending my kids into the food courts to get a drink.

I know, sometimes it gets really crowded near the refill machines, especially during breakfast. It feels almost like you're sending your kid into Time Square.

Just give them some mace and a shiv and I'm sure they'll be alright. Disboards tip of the day.

I know, sometimes it gets really crowded near the refill machines, especially during breakfast. It feels almost like you're sending your kid into Time Square.

Just give them some mace and a shiv and I'm sure they'll be alright. Disboards tip of the day.
ROTFLMAO

I think the only place I go to somewhat regularly that has them is Five Guys. I just run it for a few seconds then put an inch or two in my cup and taste it and then fill it if it's ok, which it generally is. The times I've not ran it a few seconds and filled my cup from the start it hasn't tasted good at all.

Of course, ther's no way to know if Disney's Freestyle machines would be the same, but on Royal Caribbean ships with the machines and cups with RFID chips, once you remove your cup from the spout, no matter whether it is full or contains just a taste, you have to wait a set number of minutes to add more. I remember it as 5 minutes from our sailing, but other have experienced it at 15 minutes.

Gotta learn 'em young.

I just wish someplace, ANYPLACE, would have Dr. Pepper/Mr. Pibb. Yes yes I know order some from Garden Grover, etc but why waste more money when I already get a refillable mug?
That was my thought with this! I thought- oh! Maybe i can get some Mr. Pibb!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter