Is Disney switching to coke freestyle machines at the resorts?

Just a tip to everyone that complains about it taking long to select what you want if you put the freestyle app on your samrtphone you can make your own mixes. Coke alos every mondya gives out sugestions of nmixes to try. When you go up to a machine you just open the app and scan the QR code on the machine with your phones camera and your mixes all p[op up on the screen, the machine will even tell you if it can't make one if it;s out of a particulr product.

This thread seems to have legs...

Two problems I see with the bubble machines:
1. They have to be fitted when the chip reader (I don't think that's a big issue but it could be more complicated)
2. It takes too long - it does- and those food courts HAVE to be high volume.

I don't see them using Freestyle machines as it takes FOREVER for people to get their drinks. WAY too many choices and the touch screen is glichy sometimes. I've seen some people struggle just to get water out of the thing.

Anytime you go to an even remotely busy fast-food restaurant that has only one Freestyle machine? Total backup. Plus a lot of the restaurants I've gone too that have switched to them (Wendy's for example) have had a flavor or two (usually the popular ones like Vanilla) out .. so all you can get is normal Coke anyway!

I loved them at first (my first experience was at Universal Studios oddly in 2011) (I like to add a little vanilla or lime to my Coke!), but the vast other choices just seem too many. Who needs Grape Flavored Sprite? Peach flavored Mello Yello?

After the luster wore off, I am not a huge fan anymore as the non-vanilla syrups are just too sweet.

Unless they had a ton of them, I don't see why Disney would add them to the hotels unless Coke paid them a ton of money to install them.

Mcdonalds had installed these machines in a lot of Canadian locations, and I LOVED them. I loved being able to get Coke Zero lime. I agree, the lines were a bit longer, but if I saw someone struggling with figuring out how to use it I would ask if they needed help. We did have Mr. Pibb in our machines. McDonalds took them out of most restaurants, and now our Wendys has them. I think it would be awesome to have them at Disney, you could still keep the regular ones. Whomever said they should put pop machines by the pool or in the actual buildings is a genius! I always get a refillable mug, but dont use it nearly as often as I would if the machines werent so far away.

This thread seems to have legs...

Two problems I see with the bubble machines:
1. They have to be fitted when the chip reader (I don't think that's a big issue but it could be more complicated)
2. It takes too long - it does- and those food courts HAVE to be high volume.

Universal studios refill mugs use the freestyle machines and they have the chips in the cups to read. Worked rather well and never any lines, usually had 2-4 in each spot.

Universal studios refill mugs use the freestyle machines and they have the chips in the cups to read. Worked rather well and never any lines, usually had 2-4 in each spot.

Has universal ever tried one at 8:00 am in the pop Century food court?

I just wish someplace, ANYPLACE, would have Dr. Pepper/Mr. Pibb.

We can always hope. The picture I saw on-line of a Coke freestyle machine showed Dr Pepper as an option. I'm probably the one person in the world who hasn't experienced one yet. I did see one in the Chase lounge, but I must admit, it looked like some "new-fangled" machine, and I didn't want to be that person in line taking several minutes to figure out how to use it, so I skipped it. Interested to try one, though, especially since the picture also showed I can get Caffeine free diet Coke.

I hope they don't because I always get stuck behind the bickering elderly couple.

"I don't know what I want."
"Get the coke with cherry, you had some at Walters the other day and you loved it."
"No I didn't, it tasted like cough medicine."
"Fine, get whatever you want then."
he stared blankedly at the machine. "...uhhhhh, I think I'll try the cherry again."

It took him about 10 minutes to figure out what he wanted and the stupid Burger King only had one machine.

Think the elderly have issues deciding, get stuck behind kids and young teenies!! Most elderly I know prefer one flavor straight!

They have them at the Cabana Bay food court. Plenty of people use them for breakfast and the lines aren't any longer than the regular machine.

I just don't think you'll see it.

Even if coke puts them in for free (likely)...the tubes/flavor systems probably require more longterm
Maintenance from employees...

Do you think disney would say "no" if it required even 1 more $9.00 an hour employee?

I got news for you...the answer is "yes"

I just don't think you'll see it.

Even if coke puts them in for free (likely)...the tubes/flavor systems probably require more longterm
Maintenance from employees...

Do you think disney would say "no" if it required even 1 more $9.00 an hour employee?

I got news for you...the answer is "yes"

That's your opinion. If Disney can offer options with these machines and sell more cups, they'll do it.

That's your opinion. If Disney can offer options with these machines and sell more cups, they'll do it.

Sure...if that was the scenario...I don't think they have a problem selling cups that probably yield - legitimately - $15.00 of profit on a $17.99 cup without an effort at all.

Think the elderly have issues deciding, get stuck behind kids and young teenies!! Most elderly I know prefer one flavor straight!
When POFQ had the old style machines (2 on each side)I still got stuck sometimes with someone who want 3 different flavors. The line last year at the temporary foodcourt step up which had 3 machines wasn't worst than the old machine. Now with the remodel they have 8 freestyle.

Last edited:
When POFQ had the old style machines (2 on each side)I still got stuck sometimes with someone who want 3 different flavors. The line last year at the temporary foodcourt step up which had 3 machines wasn't worst than the old machine. Now with the read they have 8 freestyle.

Love your username...by the way...one of the best I've ever seen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter