Is Geyser point considered a quick serve?

lynnfitz

DIS Veteran
Hi, I know they have the window for food take out for Geyser point, but 2 years ago or so we sat in Geyser point and had a waitress, and it was considered a quick serve meal, is that still the case? I was watching a Tim Tracker video, and I thought it was sounding like that might have changed? We were hoping to do a few quick serve dinners there (sitting in Geyser point), this summer-thanks!

I would double check about the bar area taking dining plans. On our trip in February 2019, the lady next to us at the bar was on the dining plan. The bartender was kind enough to go over what items from the menu would be covered on the dining plan, including what alcoholic drinks would be covered.

I noticed the Tim Tracker video as well that they seemed not sure.. Basically, the covered area of Geyser point is a sit-down type but still quick-service. Usually for a table there is a wait but if there's room at the bar, you can walk down and sit. There is a quick-service window that serves pretty much the same menu with a few exceptions. Think of the walk-up window as your grab and go while the covered area, you can sit, relax and enjoy the atmosphere.

I love the brisket dip and it's only available under the covered area. I never had an issue though just finding a seat and sitting directly at the bar.

While the location is gorgeous and the food fairly good, the whole Geyser Point situation simply has been weird and unfocused. Methinks the suits didn't fully think through the concept before opening it, thus the confusion. When it first opened, you could go to the window and then sit under the roof. Now, you can't. But, since it's the only outdoor bar for two pools, folks coming directly from those two areas do go to the station to be seated. It's part QS, part TS, part pool bar.

While the location is gorgeous and the food fairly good, the whole Geyser Point situation simply has been weird and unfocused. Methinks the suits didn't fully think through the concept before opening it, thus the confusion. When it first opened, you could go to the window and then sit under the roof. Now, you can't. But, since it's the only outdoor bar for two pools, folks coming directly from those two areas do go to the station to be seated. It's part QS, part TS, part pool bar.
I've had many meals in the lounge/covered area, and the food is good, and I like the atmosphere. But, on our last visit, the cushions on the furniture were filthy. We walked around, looking for a cleaner spot, but they were all pretty bad. I know it's outside, but someone needs to maintain the seating a little better.

I've had many meals in the lounge/covered area, and the food is good, and I like the atmosphere. But, on our last visit, the cushions on the furniture were filthy. We walked around, looking for a cleaner spot, but they were all pretty bad. I know it's outside, but someone needs to maintain the seating a little better.
Again, part of the identity issue of GP. If you simply want to hang out in swimsuits then fine. As a place to be a TS or even a QS, then the upkeep on the furniture does need to be better. We noticed the same issue when there three weeks ago. We had a slight seating problem, too. We arrived shortly after the fireworks were over, and one whole side of GP was open, the other mostly filled with patrons. We were seated literally elbow to elbow with another woman (had to slip by her like you do in a crowded movie theater), and five minutes later hadn't been approached by anyone. We left. GP has great potential but as stated before, it has an identity crisis.

We’re staying at WL this next trip and will be looking to visit Geyser Point to use one of our QS credits. So we will go to the walk up window to order QS meal, than where do we sit? Should we walk back over to where Roaring Fork tables are?

We’re staying at WL this next trip and will be looking to visit Geyser Point to use one of our QS credits. So we will go to the walk up window to order QS meal, than where do we sit? Should we walk back over to where Roaring Fork tables are?
That's a possibility. There is the newer pool that has chairs. You can sit on the porch to the VWL building--there are rockers and chairs. If you go back inside the main Lodge, go up to the fourth floor and go out onto the terrace. Places to sit there, as well. There is also small, covered sitting area between Cabins 8016 and 8017, I believe. It's the grilling area on that side, but I've yet to see anyone there.

I was there this October and my wife and I sat at the bar and had a couple apps and drinks at lunch time
Upon arriving we were told we could sit any where
The bartender asked us if we are on the dining plan and informed us it is a QS location

You can absolutely sit anywhere. For cash payments, the only quick service was at the take out window. If on the dining plan, I’m not sure the offerings at the bar qualify. Maybe for snacks. There are separate food items at the bar.

We just returned over the week-end and ate at Geyser Point twice. Both times, when seated, we were told by our server that they don't accept any dining plans. We did not order from the walk-up window.

I’ve had GP CM’s tell me they are technically a pool bar. I’ve never done the dining plan. Are pool bars typically QS locations?

I don’t think we received any discount when we are here back in July. I think I asked about DVC or Visa discounts but I could be wrong.

We had lunch there in February, great food and service. Only complaint was the duck population doing what ducks do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!