Is Honey I shrunk the playground open yet?

Biddler

Mouseketeer
I know that it sustained damage from the hurricane last month. Just wondering if anyone has returned that has been there. My husband is just dying to get in there with my 2 kids while I stay outside with the baby :teeth: :teeth:

It's no longer listed as closed on the Disney website. Or rather, I should say that on the Operational Updates page it's not listed at all and a few weeks ago it was listed as closed.

It opened on 10/13 I think. I was surprised to see it opened and my son was very happy because even at 9 he loves this a LOT!

Is this near the HISTA attraction? Going in Feb with DD, DSIL and DGS, who will be celebrating his 1st birthday at WDW :hyper: . Do you think that a 1 YO would enjoy this playground?

Karen--The HISTA (Honey I Shrunk the Audience) 3D movie is in Epcot. The playground is in MGM.

The playground is a wonderful place for a 1 year old. There are all sorts of oversized plants and toys for kids to climb on, slides to go down. My kids loved it at that age and still do! There are some areas a 1 year old can't venture into, but still plenty for her to do and a nice change from sitting in the stroller, etc. My youngest couldn't walk at 12 months, but still managed to enjoy the playground there.

The HISTA movie, on the other hand, is a big NO for very young children. My 8 year old niece freaked out during the movie and was scared of any dark rides for the rest of the trip. There are other 3D movies she can enjoy--Muppetvision at MGM and the new Mickey's Philarmagic at MK. Do be careful with the 3D glasses though. My 2 year old stuck the end of the glasses up his nose and his face was covered with blood when we got out of Muppetvision. He didn't cry or anything, but he looked like he was an extra on a horror movie set. You can watch the movie fine without the glasses. It's just a little blurry in spots.

It opened ahead of schedule, the day we were there.....Wed. Oct 6th. We found out it was fixed ahead of schedule *after* we'd just told the kids the one attraction they were wanting to go in so badly was closed (insert tantrums times 3 here). We took them over to 'see' it and voila.....a CM standing there told us it was opening in a few minutes (insert three elated kids here) :) Disney magic! :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter