Is it advisable to stay in SSR even if our family wants to watch fireworks?

HEARTSOFJOY

Earning My Ears
Family of 4 still attracted to fireworks in MK and Epcot however thinking twice if we can still stay in SSR and make it work. We are not a rope drop family however two of us are still crazy about fireworks. Any advise and tips? We are hoping for a July trip not 4th of July one as I was told it will be busy. We love Riviera however fireworks view is not as good. Thanks!

If you are asking if you can see the Fireworks from your room, NO

If you want to see them from the parks, then it is fine. Busses run well after the fireworks.

If you are a DVC member, you can watch them from the of Bay Lake Tower. I'm not sure of the current restrictions, but I think you need a reservation now or something. Maybe the is just for the lounge itself?

Regarding the Riveria I found both fireworks shows that I saw to be pretty good. No resort that I'm aware of will give a view of both MK and Epcot fireworks.

However, If you are staying at the Riveria, plan on hanging out in the park or the boardwalk area after the fireworks for a little bit, as there is sometimes a line for the skyline.

If you are a DVC member, you can watch them from the of Bay Lake Tower. I'm not sure of the current restrictions, but I think you need a reservation now or something. Maybe the is just for the lounge itself?
A long time ago you could go out on the balcony of the restaurant on top of the CR to watch. I'm not sure if that's allowed still or not. Does BLT have an observation deck?

A long time ago you could go out on the balcony of the restaurant on top of the CR to watch. I'm not sure if that's allowed still or not. Does BLT have an observation deck
ONLY if you're dining at the California Grill same night. Early diners can show their receipt and return

Thanks guys. I truly appreciate this. I am just wondering if a family like ours still wants to be able to watch fireworks from the park. How is the bus situation ? Im trying to prepare myself it will be 30 minutes of wait time until we get on the bus? And if we're staying in SSR which area should we be? I know that the danger is that it's a big location and that there are multiple stops. We are thinking of either going back to Riviera or try something new with SSR.

A long time ago you could go out on the balcony of the restaurant on top of the CR to watch. I'm not sure if that's allowed still or not. Does BLT have an observation deck?
BLT Does have an Observation Deck.

I used to be called the Top of The World lounge pre covid....
Then it made into something else, after a long delay....

I'm currently not sure what the rules are, but I believe you have to be a DVC member still and I believe you now need a reservation, but I have not cared to look into it

Thanks guys. I truly appreciate this. I am just wondering if a family like ours still wants to be able to watch fireworks from the park. How is the bus situation ? Im trying to prepare myself it will be 30 minutes of wait time until we get on the bus? And if we're staying in SSR which area should we be? I know that the danger is that it's a big location and that there are multiple stops. We are thinking of either going back to Riviera or try something new with SSR.
Buses after closing are like everythng else after closing... FULL

However, If you can schedule fireworks night with extra magic hours, or what ever they are called now..... it works out well

You can see MK FW from TTC, not the great view but, similar to distance at the Poly. I do not recommend attempting to take monorail there & walk down to beach area. last time we stayed there, was surprised how incredibly packed on a weekday in October. Security indicated majority were likely non guests of the resort.

20 min waiting for a bus at any resort has been basic norm for us. one of the reasons we budge in a car rental. Always seems to take longer coming back home on the bus.

Not an SSR fan in general. Something for everyone at DVC. always glad to see it open when I need a room :). was there once without a car, internal bus transport thru the resort seemed to take a relatively long time. At least you can walk to DS vs the other parks there from some of the buildings or take the boat over.

Try for a weekday for lower crowds at MK watching FW. If you can do it on the nights with the deluxe extra hours, even better. Many rides are walk on.

BLT viewing can fill up, need the blue card with “Y”...drive, walk back to MK & catch bus to your resort or ride share.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter