Is it difficult to rent our dvc points

It is not that it is bad to rent. It is hazardous to rely on rental to keep a contract affordable. If dues rise faster than rental rates, it is an issue. If demand drops due to recession or similar, you may not cover costs.

Agreed never know what will happen in future.

Renting is easy. Got some extra points rented out within a few hours of signing up with David's.
I also had good interest trying to rent straight to renters on online forums, but ultimately David's brought me the first valid offer. It helps that they are able to check availability themselves.

we have never had an issue renting through a broker or ourselves on this board and another one that is known for point rentals. we usually have more requests for our points than we can actually meet the demand.

How is breakeven at 7/8 yrs? Are you considering Maintenance fees also?

I will exclude closing costs to make things simple.

Say I buy AKV 50 points at $100 per point for a total cost of $5,000.

If I were to rent points every year I would spend $750 ($15 x 50). My maintenance would be $327.5. I would assume as maintenance increases so does my rental purchase price.

After 8 years I would have spent $7,620 ($5K + $327.5*8) vs. $6,000 ($750*8) if I rented. The difference that I have here I recoup as my contract was loaded ($750) and I am not traveling the first UY ($750). So I guess break-even in this scenario is more 9 years.

But this excludes TVM, rental market not being strong, tastes change (not wanting to go), and maintenance moving more than rental prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter