Is it easy to make ressie changes?

Aisling

<font color=darkorchid>Where your mind goes, your
I want to book as early as possible for 2005, for our family of 4, in two staterooms. But what if my college-age DS changes his mind and doesn't want to come, or if we want to bring a friend? There are variations that might occur before 2005, and I wonder how easy it would be to add a name or take one out of the ressie.

For example, if we have a stateroom that sleeps 3, and book it for 2, and then we want to bring a friend, can we just make a call, add their name, and pay? I wouldn't want to risk losing the ressie if we have to make changes.

Thanks for helping. I'm an absolute newbie to cruising!

I booked ours through Expedia. Talked them today and asked about adding our 18-yr old son to our cruise in January 2004. They said we could make any change we wanted up to 60 days out from departure. At that point, any changes would begin to cost us.

This is our first cruise too, so not real smart on what's going on. Just sharing my experience from today. Good luck.

What about the early booking discount? If you booked originally 12 months out and got a good discount and now you want to add someone right before the 60 day mark, how does that 3rd person price? Would it be the same as if you had originally booked for 3 or are they charging extra for adding so late?

If you make changes prior to final payment being due (60 days out), there a no charges for making the change.

Dropping a person is not a problem up to that point.

Adding another person would possibly be more of a problem, but as long as you are only adding a third person (almost all staterooms sleep at least three) and the ship is not full it should not be a problem. You would pay the rate for the third person that was in effect at the time that you made the addition, not at the rate when you made the booking.

Going from three to four in a stateroom is more of an issue because there are a limited numbers of quad staterooms, and whether or not you could make the change would depend on whether or not there were quad staterooms available in your category.

Hope that helps a little. :)

So, it sounds like you are much better off to just book for the max you *think* will be in the room with you. Then, you pay the $250 deposit, but you would get it back if the additional 3rd or 4th person dropped out.

Will they let you change the names on the 3rd or 4th person without penalty?

Will they let you change the names on the 3rd or 4th person without penalty?

Yes, as long as you are outside the 60-day mark. Also keep in mind that there are different fares for adults/childrens so if you are substituting different ages then the price may be different.

Why cant you just rebook and request 2 staterooms that you know sleep 4?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter