Is it legal or not to bring outside food to theme parks?

If i recall, Disney will stop you if your food is in glass containers. Its the "glass" part they worry about.

You guys have it down! I loathe packing lunches, but this past year we started using the same Thermos trick for my kids' lunches. We eat pretty healthy too, and my kids would rather take chicken, homemade mac & cheese, soup, or something like that than have cold lunches. The "soup" Thermos containers are awesome for things like this. We would pre-heat them by filling with hot water for a few minutes so the food would stay hot longer. The kids said they could tell the difference when we did this and when we didn't.

For in the parks though, we've always had to have a stroller. So I would take snacks & cold bottled water in a collapsible lunch cooler in our backpack and just leave it in the stroller. With younger kids who think they're going to wither away and DIE if they don't eat every 2 hours, it was just easier to have things at the ready. My husband would much prefer to not pack and haul lunches, so we typically eat breakfast in our room and splurge on park/resort meals for lunch and dinner. We have bottled water, fruit, and snacks in our room for the in-between times. But we have never spent the "average" amount - perhaps because my kids sometimes share a meal, and I'll sometimes order off the kids menu as well. There's no need to kill ourselves with food... we'd much rather spend our time touring than eating!

Thanks!! Yes, it's the soup Thermoses that we use fairly often. That and various Tupperware sizes. We do it for a variety of reasons. Money is definitely one. But health and nutrition is another. DW and I are gym rats, big into lifting. She's batting around the idea of competing in a bodybuilding competition (she has a coach), so we're picky in our nutrition. On vacation, I still eat a healthy base but definitely treat myself. DW will give herself some small treats, but for the most part sticks with her incredibly specific nutrition. So WDW food wouldn't work for us, especially her. Plus, I have Crohn's disease, so I'm very careful about what I eat. If I ate out every meal of every day for a week, I'd probably get sick.

We use a stroller too. Our bag is far too heavy to carry around when fully loaded. We just put the cooler bag in the stroller. Usually we'll just leave it in shaded stroller parking somewhere until it's time to eat.

What kinds of things do you bring for a full meal. All I can think of is sandwiches and fruit so I'm genuinely interested.

We just have a large breakfast before we enter the parks, then have sandwiches, cheese sticks, trail mix, chips, cookies, etc.....

Then we head back to the condo for dinner usually.

I lived in Orlando for almost a year and would often take in a sack lunch - usually pb&j, baby carrots, chips - simple, meals not needing serious cooling - I didn't like the bulk of a cooler or cool bag. When I brought yogurt with me I would eat it earlier in the day - nuts and dried fruit also worked well. When I did eat in the parks it was special because I didn't do it every trip. Also Tom Sawyer's Island is a good place to enjoy a picnic in the MK - AK also has lots of great places to sit and enjoy a meal.

We always take in food. I have two kids with food allergies and while Disney can and will accommodate the allergies, sometimes, it is just easier not to bother. We take in snacks and some light meal items. We have never, ever had a problem doing that. Unlike our local theme park who grills us about the allergies and then only lets us carry in food for those children...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!