Is it my ODD or am I just DVC WEIRD?? LOL

edk35

DIS Veteran
HOPEFULLY YOU WILL ALL AGREE IT THE OBSESSIVE DISNEY DISORDER thay my dd diagnosed me with. :lmao: Okay when we bought on Jan. 31st our guide gave us the nice hard back DVC book. Then when we got 'THE PACKAGE' we got the member guide and the planner book. Well....when I am reading and looking over these....my family will look at me like I have lost it. :rotfl2: My 13 year old son...in a wee baby voice will get in my lap every once in a while on the couch and say "oh mommy please read to me from the disney vacation book". :rotfl: Last night in bed I have all 3 books.. rereading, looking at the pictures and my dh is looking at me like "you have it bad woman". LOL I have been a member for 1 1/2 months and I am obsessed with EVERYTHING DVC NOW. I was always Disney Obsessed...but now I am always READING THESE BOARDS. More than I SHOULD BE. :goodvibes

We joined DVC 10 months ago.....6 dvc trip under our belt......4 dvc trips planned in the next 10 months.....House is slowly evolving into a mini World of Disney.....three add-ons.... and over 900 posts on the DIS in less then a year!

We don't think you have "it" bad enough! LOL

Geez I feel bad I only have 3 trips booked so far(4 come the end of April when 11 month window opens for SB 2008).

Ignore the previous advice to take 2 aspirin and 2 weeks.

Your prescription has been changed to buy an add-on and post when you get back!

Ignore the previous advice to take 2 aspirin and 2 weeks.

Your prescription has been changed to buy an add-on and post when you get back!

::yes:: I hear ya. I would love to go 4 times a year...every season :goodvibes but when you have a 10th grader, 7th grader and 2nd grader and a dd that dances 5 days a week, a son that plays competitive baseball and soccer and another little dude starting all that too. WE JUST CAN'T FIT IT IN. I do love all of their activities but I SURE LOVE LOVE LOVE DISNEY. I just can't get enough.

LOL I love ODD...now I know what I have :rotfl2: The problem at my house is that we all are ODD :woohoo: We have been DVC members since 2001 and wish that we had joined when it first came out. It is the best thing that we have ever done and we have added on once and plan to do it again on this next trip :yay: We have BCV and SSR and I want to add AKV :dance3: We just can't have enough points because we just love to bring a crowd with us each time! Add on and keep loving the DIS :cheer2:

Sounds like the early stages of addonitis,:rotfl2: (they aint seen nothin yet.) Oh yea welcome to the club!:wizard:

Our "dreams" book is already looking worn out - after just 5 months! We keep that and the planner on our coffee table - someone's always reading one! DH and I sit in bed and talk Disney a couple hours on a Saturday morning - at least once a month. After our January trip, we were both so depressed that we spent 3 hours planning out the details, points, etc. and called to book our next 2 trips! DH is not addicted to the DIS like I am, but then, I am always on the laptop! I would say we all have ODD too - that's OK, it's the most FUN DISfunction I know of!! ;)

::yes:: I hear ya. I would love to go 4 times a year...every season :goodvibes but when you have a 10th grader, 7th grader and 2nd grader and a dd that dances 5 days a week, a son that plays competitive baseball and soccer and another little dude starting all that too. WE JUST CAN'T FIT IT IN. I do love all of their activities but I SURE LOVE LOVE LOVE DISNEY. I just can't get enough.

What do you mean CAN'T FIT IT IN? Where are your priorities? Disney World doesn't "fit in" around life....life needs to "fit in" around Disney World. Sheeesh, some people just don't get it. :rotfl2:

What do you mean CAN'T FIT IT IN? Where are your priorities? Disney World doesn't "fit in" around life....life needs to "fit in" around Disney World. Sheeesh, some people just don't get it. :rotfl2:

:thumbsup2 Hey if I had it my way...I WOULD DO JUST THAT. :banana:

1st just look at DD's TINK ROOM in my Sig nothing like going in and running her mono-rail & trains with everything lit up.

2nd I keep all those books right here for a quick look every once in a while.

3rd Planning DVDs right on top of the books.

Now last Sorry after a year it just gets worse IMHO.

Now we have planned a trip to Vero for Aug to take a break from WDW

We joined DVC 10 months ago.....6 dvc trip under our belt......4 dvc trips planned in the next 10 months.....House is slowly evolving into a mini World of Disney.....three add-ons.... and over 900 posts on the DIS in less then a year!

We don't think you have "it" bad enough! LOL

Not to threadjack or anything....but, how do you have this many trips planned? I'm just curious as to how many points you have. My DH watched the planning video again last night & told me he thinks we're doing DVC wrong. We have 225 points and only have one vacation planned for this year & it will use all of our points. What (if anything) are we doing wrong?

Count me in the ODD club! Our house is turning into a Disney museum and we're always dreaming of our next vacation to visit the mouse!! :cloud9:

You've come to the right place...I'm sure we're all ODD! :goodvibes Even my 2 yr old niece pulls out all the DVC books as soon as she get to my house. I'm now going to DL for one night/two days just to see how she like seeing MM during my busiest time at work.:rolleyes: I'm running out of wall space for the Disney Animation cells I keep buying. It's very addicting.

LOL I thought that I was the only one that faithfully read the DVC book for my bedtime story! I seriously pull it out on bad days too. Then I play around with some trip planning and I feel better :)

That is THE BEST advice I have heard in YEARS !! TY :thumbsup2

I don't know if it is normal but you aren't alone. I have the same sickness as the rest of you.:sick: Just like any addict I am in denial. You can never have too many character mugs, glasses, sweatshirts, pins, silly hats, ornaments, WDW themed rooms (Wilderness lodge great room /diningroom complete with antler chandelier, Mickey bathroom, BWV themed bathroom, Saratoga yellow and green in the loft), and Disney vacations. I really don't see the problem. :confused3

Not to threadjack or anything....but, how do you have this many trips planned? I'm just curious as to how many points you have. My DH watched the planning video again last night & told me he thinks we're doing DVC wrong. We have 225 points and only have one vacation planned for this year & it will use all of our points. What (if anything) are we doing wrong?
Probably weekends. Fri and Sat night are killers, many of use will either arrive on Sun and leave on Fri. or stay off site for Fri and/or Sat night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter