Is it really that hard for you to sit next to stranger on a ride?

Hello guys I rarely start threads but this something I need to discuss because it has been an issue as of late. I have been visiting Universal Orlando for the past couple months (I have an annual pass) all I seem to do is walk around because I was tired being scuffed at because that person didn't want to ride me or group didn't want me sitting with them so I sort just stop riding and walk around the theme park but it is really no fun. I'm starting not to want to go anymore because of this and it not only happens there, SeaWorld, Busch Gardens, Disney World (especially). I don't want to pull the race card but I'm started to think that what it is and being a man on top of that. I have no idea what to do and it is really discouraging because I really love the theme parks but it's just some people that ruin it for me. I'm not trying to be a baby but come on this is getting ridiculous. The ride attends are not going to waste time and car space because you don't want to ride with certain people or don't want anyone in your family....

How awful. I would have absolutely no problem riding next to you on any ride. I don't care what anyone's skin colour is (and I sincerely hope that isn't the issue here). I have never noticed people having an issue with sitting by strangers when i've done single rider, so sadly I think you may be right. I'm Canadian and I don't think we have the level of racism that sadly, obviously still exists in the States. Please don't let ignorant people ruin your desire to go to the parks and enjoy rides.

I wouldn't even notice if Brendan Frasier was seated next to me on The Mummy let alone get indignant about having to sit next to someone for a few minutes.

I can't imagine going to any amusement/theme park with an odd number of people and not expecting one of us to have to ride with someone not in our party. We're a party of 5 and do this regularly.

I also can't imagine paying that much attention to the 'stranger'. I'm not a chatty type, but I'll give a quick "Hey" and off we go. To me, it's no different than standing in the queue with strangers - except, on a ride, it's a MUCH shorter time you are with them.

I don't even understand what one would do in that situation? Complain to the TM? "I don't want to ride next to him/her"??? Really?? Gross.

we went to WDW with my mom and the 3 of us got on RNRC and a single young guy ended up in back with my mom while she blessed herself over and over and prayed out loud the whole preshow. Poor guy didn’t know what to do or say. Got to give my mom props for riding it and doing her first loop coaster at 70 though.
Hahahahaha

The only time I've had a problem sitting next to a stranger is one that has bad B.O. You know the smell -- they haven't showered in days. But most of the time, I just grin and bear it...or just let a group of people in front of me!

The only time I've had a problem sitting next to a stranger is one that has bad B.O. You know the smell -- they haven't showered in days. But most of the time, I just grin and bear it...or just let a group of people in front of me!
Or being next to them in line.... 🤮

Hello :wave2: JellyMintJames. I do not have a problem at all sitting next to strangers on rides. Considering the majority of rides at all amusement parks involve sitting next to folks we don’t know it’s kind of a given it will happen pretty much all the time.

I take my grandchildren to Universal every year and I go solo a few times a year. It’s my happy place and this grandma loves going. I have a AP and love Universal Studios.

Just wanted to uplift your spirits some. Go have a good time and enjoy having your AP. You paid that money so you could go and enjoy the parks as many times as you want during the year. Don’t let others make you feel bad. I know there are situations that occur occasionally in the parks, but don’t let that stop you from having fun.

You are in control of your happiness and your experience in the parks. If you come up on a ride that has one more seat available and someone in a group on that ride gives you the stink eye about joining in their group, let the TM know you want the next vehicle. I wouldn’t want to ride next someone that was that rude anyway. It’s on them.

I have had situations going solo where the TM put a lot of people in row together and once everyone got on the bench (Kong ride) I was the last person in the row and it was obvious there was not enough room. I just told TM I would get the next bus. The outside seating on Kong is better anyway.

Christmas celebrations at the park are going to be fun. Go enjoy it and ride all the rides you want and get something good to eat.

Download the “Happy” song by Pharrell Williams and get your Minion dance on and have a good time.

You’ve encouraged me to be more friendly to single riders. Party of 5 and I’m often the one on my own. I’ve never been rude to single riders. I know full well that they have every right to be on the ride with me and that a TM directed them to be. I’m more the person who will take my cues from the other person. If they don’t say anything, I pretend they don’t exist. If they’re chatty I’m happy to have a conversation. But from now on I will make it a point to smile and say hi just so they know for sure I’m not hostile.

We are a party of five and you can ride next to us, James! This is how theme parks work, and my teenagers often hop in single rider so they know how it feels. I'm sorry you had some bad experiences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!