Is it worth it to buy a new Guide Book?

kpgclark

<font color=339900>There's nothing hum drum about
I currently own the 2000 version of the Unofficial Guide to WDW (Sehlinger). I'm off to the world again in November 2001. Can't decide if I need a new Guide book by Sehlinger or any other author. Anyone have insight into this? Is there a reason to get another book?

I would not buy a 2001 version of the unoffical book. The main reason being that it will be virtually the same book as teh 2000. He does not rewrite each year. Only add and change what is needed. If you want I woudl wait unti early October and buy the offical guide 2002.

but do NOT buy another unoffical!

I do buy the guides every few years just to stir up my interest in my trip.

I read somewhere that his 2002 book was coming out Aug or Sept 15th, I can't remember which.

Most of the guide books get very little new material every year. If you're like me, you just take the guidebook with you so that you can remember what the best spots are to view fireworks, read restaurant reviews, and that type of thing. I wouldn't get the new one in that case. All of the information in it is available here.

I always say, with all the information available for free on this and other travel boards, who needs to buy travel or guide books anymore? Not only for Disney, but for any spot you want to visit.

I get whatever info I need on restaurants, park hours, etc., right out of the Internet. Then I copy, paste and print it however I like. I do not end up carrying books, but one or two single pages with all the information I need, condensed.

Nowadays, if you can't find it on the Internet, it simply does not exist!

Wanda

I usually buy the Birnbaum Official Guide almost every year. The 2002 edition should be out in October, and it will (I'm pretty sure) have info about the 100 year celebration that begins Oct. 1st. If you go to www.disneyworld.com - you can order the free 2002 WDW planning video that should also come out in the fall.

I'm a guidebookaholic,there I've finally admitted it...I not only come here every day
several times a day, but when I finally DO get off the computer, I page through
my various guidebooks and plan and plan and probably overplan....I think its a
disease, lol!

Oh who cares its fun!

Hulabird:bounce:

carib01a.gif

I try to buy different books. For our next trip I bought the Passporter by Jennifer Watson and Dave Marx. It has pockets to save tickets, maps, ect... It also has pages to plan your whole trip. They have a web site www.passporter.com where you can look at what kind of things they have in the book. It is my favorite guide book.

There is one thing different about the 2001 Unofficial Guide. It includes Fastpass in its touring guides. If you plan to use the guides, I would get the most up-to-date book you can since fastpass is being added all the time. We used the UG touring plans on our last trip and it really saved a lot of time.

Look at Mousesavers.com - Birnbaum's 2001 book is on clearance for $3.75. The link is on her main page. If you want a new book, for $3.75, you can't beat it.:pinkbounc :pinkbounc

I saw that it was on clearance, but thought I might as well buy a 2002 version

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter