Is lake view at the Poly worth the points?

I’m not going to say no because I have not personally stayed in a Lake View, but I don’t know if I would say that it is worth the extra points. We just stayed in a Standard View room in Tokelau in August. We requested upper floor, West Side. We ended up on the 3rd floor (top floor) on the West Side. I could lean out slightly and look to the right on my balcony and see the castle. Also, if we walked to the end of the hallway and went out the doors, we could stand on the little deck where the stairs come up. We had a perfect, straight on view of the fireworks from there, which was maybe 50 feet down the hall from our Studio. So, I personally think that I would save the points.

In one now at our first stay as DVC owners. Can’t believe it’s finally here! We requested upper floor and it did not happen. We were able to get in our room at 11am though which I seen as a huge + but were assigned a handicap accessible room.

Let me tell you the wheel/walk in shower makes an absolute mess. The shower head points outwards right at the too short shower curtain and sprays everywhere.

A light or two are burned out. Walls dinged up a bit. Microwave is stainless steel & new but too big to fit in the nook. Also could be more handicap friendly on the counter now that I think of if but it takes up all that room. The bed is on a metal frame and not wood. Probably so it’s lower for access.

The studio IS very spacious. We can see the castle just fine between the bungalows from our perspective but they are a bit annoying. Love being able to just walk onto the patio and have the kids play in the grass. First floor access is convenient. Close to the parking lot and TTC. So there’s pros and cons to everything.

We could’ve been reassigned today but decided to stay put. Even though still really wish we had that nice glass enclosed shower with rain head. Trying not to sweat the small stuff!

We have stayed at Poly twice in stardard rooms never lake view. Each time we got a nice looking overview of the garden in Tokelau.

Since there is a risk that the lake view will be partial blocked by the bungalows I dont think I would choose that. If I wanted to see the fireworks I would just go down to the beach and watch it.

I dont know if that is an option for the OP since OP is traveling with a 22months? The fireworks starts at 09pm so it might be too late for the little one. But if it was only for one time until the little ones grow older I might do the lake view.

If you’re at Tokelau, you just need to saunter to the north end staircase and watch the fireworks from there (along with a few other people).

We left the kids sleeping in the rooms; you’re only down the hall.

So, imo a lake view isn’t worth it but we had Tokelau....

Did it once and got a perfect lake view room... middle of the building upper floor. But I'm not pressing my luck. I figure someone has to get the first floor rooms and I don't want to burn a bunch of points to look at the bungalows.

Now I request Tokelau upper floor and have been very happy... even got a room at the lake end of the building that had a perfect view of the fireworks from the balcony.... for lots less points!

And can you say boat horn? LOL With two little ones, I think that would be my biggest concern. Those things could wake the dead!

Worth every point as long as you are NOT on the ground floor. 3rd floor is awesome (Moorea) and what I expect for a DVC view room.

The ground floor tends to be “bungalow” view more than lake view. Someone complained that a tree might block the view in one of the rooms on the second floor, but I don’t think that actually played out.

As supersnoop stated, my first floor room was just a bungalow view.

As some have pointed out, lake view is "risky" because you might end up with first floor. But comparing that to the lake-end view in Tokelau is comparing the best standard view with the worst lake view. The standard view is "risky" too, because you might end up with a Pago Pago parking lot view, or possibly a lower floor behind the pool building. For me, the parking lot view would be much worse than 1st floor lake view, so I usually prefer lake view. But if parking lot view wouldn't bother you much, then save the points, put in your request for Tokelau lake end, and hope for the best. Or if boat horns would be a big problem for you, then book standard view.

As some have pointed out, lake view is "risky" because you might end up with first floor. But comparing that to the lake-end view in Tokelau is comparing the best standard view with the worst lake view. The standard view is "risky" too, because you might end up with a Pago Pago parking lot view, or possibly a lower floor behind the pool building. For me, the parking lot view would be much worse than 1st floor lake view, so I usually prefer lake view. But if parking lot view wouldn't bother you much, then save the points, put in your request for Tokelau lake end, and hope for the best. Or if boat horns would be a big problem for you, then book standard view.

How do you request Tokelau lake end? Call member service?

Do the lake view rooms usually fill first or are they usually whats left?

Do the lake view rooms usually fill first or are they usually whats left?

It depends. I just tried to book a lake view at 7th month mark but could only get standard. I suspect it’s because I’m booking week of July 4th week - and lake view rooms are especially desirable because of the fireworks.

I looked online at Touring Plans at the room views, there is quite a difference in the ground floor views and upper floor views. I don't see the the same point value for the ground floor rooms as the upper floor rooms.

I looked online at Touring Plans at the room views, there is quite a difference in the ground floor views and upper floor views. I don't see the the same point value for the ground floor rooms as the upper floor rooms.

There's not! Definitely not the same point value within lake view rooms. But by the same token, there's hardly the same point value in standard rooms either, as you could end up looking at the parking lot, or at the lake if you get certain standard rooms in Tokelau.

I'm still hoping DVC will create 3 classes of Poly rooms: standard (parking lot, maybe the rooms that look at the back of the pool building), lake (2nd and 3rd floor Moorea, select Tokelau rooms) and garden (everything else). Of course some people would love this, and some would hate it. Either way, I'm not holding my breath waiting for it....

There's not! Definitely not the same point value within lake view rooms. But by the same token, there's hardly the same point value in standard rooms either, as you could end up looking at the parking lot, or at the lake if you get certain standard rooms in Tokelau.

I'm still hoping DVC will create 3 classes of Poly rooms: standard (parking lot, maybe the rooms that look at the back of the pool building), lake (2nd and 3rd floor Moorea, select Tokelau rooms) and garden (everything else). Of course some people would love this, and some would hate it. Either way, I'm not holding my breath waiting for it....
Great point.

Thanks for all the advice and I would rather stay upper level parking lot view at Pago Pago than the VGC garden view close to walkway and pool. All we had both stays were bushes and trees the room is dark enough already without all the shade. At least parking lot view has view of the monorail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter