Is Matterhorn only running one side still?

disneylover102

DIS Veteran
I emailed Disneyland and asked them when the side of the Matterhorn that was down would reopen. This is a section of the response:
“At this time, the only attractions at Disneyland® Park that are closed are Autopia and Fantasy Faire Gifts. Additional closures are determined and posted up to 4 weeks in advance.”

Was the person that responded maybe wrong? Because I haven’t heard anybody report that Matterhorn was running at full capacity yet (I asked them when it would be fully open, not if it was). And I know they release closures up to 6 weeks in advance, not 4 weeks (although they can change them later).

I emailed Disneyland and asked them when the side of the Matterhorn that was down would reopen. This is a section of the response:
“At this time, the only attractions at Disneyland® Park that are closed are Autopia and Fantasy Faire Gifts. Additional closures are determined and posted up to 4 weeks in advance.”

Was the person that responded maybe wrong? Because I haven’t heard anybody report that Matterhorn was running at full capacity yet (I asked them when it would be fully open, not if it was). And I know they release closures up to 6 weeks in advance, not 4 weeks (although they can change them later).
No, that person was not wrong, they are just a Moron. Of course, it could have been an auto generated response.

Technically the Matterhorn is not closed, which is all the response was saying. But yes, only 1 side is open. They seem to be in no big hurry to fix the problem and open the other side. It's saving them money by not having to run the TL side(which many say is the better side,) and so what if the wait times are spiked, that only inconveniences the guests.

We were there this weekend and the lines were incredibly long with only one side operating. Luckily we rope-dropped it on our Magic Morning and only waited about 15 minutes, but by 7:30 the wait was already up to 45 minutes and it went as high as 120 minutes multiple times over the rest of the weekend. I don't think it ever went below 60 minutes after regular park opening. Even at 11:00 on Sunday night it was still 65 minutes.

We were there this weekend and the lines were incredibly long with only one side operating. Luckily we rope-dropped it on our Magic Morning and only waited about 15 minutes, but by 7:30 the wait was already up to 45 minutes and it went as high as 120 minutes multiple times over the rest of the weekend. I don't think it ever went below 60 minutes after regular park opening. Even at 11:00 on Sunday night it was still 65 minutes.
Did you see how long the Single Rider line was?

Did you see how long the Single Rider line was?

Sorry, I didn't see that one. My observation on all of the other rides with single rider throughout the weekend was that they were doing an excellent job avoiding the need for single riders by pairing groups from the regular line, going back deep into the line if need be. So I think on Matterhorn they would only draw a single riders if there was a group of five; otherwise I think they would try to pair three groups of two, a group of two and four, or two threes.

The Tomorrowland side should open before the end of the month. They put the cars back on the track this week, so that's a good sign.

A friend is there now and just texted me that it’s still only one side that’s open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter