Is my printer good enough for transfers?

tchrrx

<font color=red>Blame it on the plastic cow I ment
I have designed several shirts for WDW. However, when I printed out a sample on regular paper (just to see what they would look like) the designs seemed to have lines running through them & the color quality didn't look very good. :badpc: Will it look better when I print on transfer paper or do I need a different type of printer? I did my designs on a Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook program. It has a T-shirt option, so that's where my designs are. What do you think?

Oh yeah...I printed the designs very small too, just to get an idea of what they'd look like. I'm afraid it will be even worse when it's larger! I love this sight & hope that I can have neat shirts like yours! :thanks: for your inspiration!

I have a fairly lousy printer that I used when I printed our t-shirts. The key is not just your program, but you need to make sure your printer is set on the very best quality setting that it has. I had a setting that I had never used before and when I used it - the quality change was dramatic. Try playing around with your settings, you might be surprised.

tchrrx said:
I have designed several shirts for WDW. However, when I printed out a sample on regular paper (just to see what they would look like) the designs seemed to have lines running through them & the color quality didn't look very good. :badpc: Will it look better when I print on transfer paper or do I need a different type of printer? I did my designs on a Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook program. It has a T-shirt option, so that's where my designs are. What do you think?

Oh yeah...I printed the designs very small too, just to get an idea of what they'd look like. I'm afraid it will be even worse when it's larger! I love this sight & hope that I can have neat shirts like yours! :thanks: for your inspiration!

Try cleaning your heads then run another test .Lines are a clogged head and that will cause your colors to be off as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter