Is the Frozen show worth the 90-120 minute investment?

cindyfan

DIS Veteran
Just realized the Frozen show is 1 hour long.
We like Frozen but aren't huge fans... basically... we can take it or leave it. But thought with all the good reviews we might go. BUT.... the show is 1 hour plus in and out.... so, we are talking 90 minutes minimum out of the day.
And we have tickets for the Broadway show when it comes to town.

I can't handle the Nemo Musical at WDW because it is just TOO LONG! I come out of there feeling like we wasted half the day.... I'm not saying the show isn't good... it is a great show... just way too long! Too many other things to see and do.

so.... is it really worth that much time out of the day?

Just realized the Frozen show is 1 hour long.
We like Frozen but aren't huge fans... basically... we can take it or leave it. But thought with all the good reviews we might go. BUT.... the show is 1 hour plus in and out.... so, we are talking 90 minutes minimum out of the day.
And we have tickets for the Broadway show when it comes to town.

I can't handle the Nemo Musical at WDW because it is just TOO LONG! I come out of there feeling like we wasted half the day.... I'm not saying the show isn't good... it is a great show... just way too long! Too many other things to see and do.

so.... is it really worth that much time out of the day?
I think it is an excellent show (and you can usually get in shortly before showtime if you aren’t picky about your seat). But if you are going to the Broadway one you can miss it without feeling like you are missing any experiences. Also, it does have proper theatre seats not like the benches at Nemo.

We did it during the middle of the day when crowds were busier - we did not wait long and got great seats even still. It was better than we expected, but we didn't do it our last trip - once was enough.

To me, you do this show if you have more than one day at DCA. If you don't, skip it. But if you do, instead of doing a ride for the third or fourth time, stand in line for 30 minutes and get a good seat for the show. It really is good! Personally, I love live shows. So much more emotion than watching a movie at home or even a theater experience. With all the special effects and music, you won't regret seeing it.

To me, you do this show if you have more than one day at DCA. If you don't, skip it. But if you do, instead of doing a ride for the third or fourth time, stand in line for 30 minutes and get a good seat for the show. It really is good! Personally, I love live shows. So much more emotion than watching a movie at home or even a theater experience. With all the special effects and music, you won't regret seeing it.
I agree. I have seen this show twice and also the broadway version once. It is very well done and worth the time. But it competes with lots of other things at DCA. I would see WOC and PTN before this show. But if you have enough days at DLR (at least 3 days but more like 4) then I would recommend it.

I agree. Even my husband enjoys it, and that kind of thing is so NOT his thing. It's so well done and WAY better than Nemo.

I think it's worth seeing once. We have now seen it 3 times and I am so over this show at this point. Wish they still had Aladdin instead. But if I had only 1 day at DCA, I wouldn't go see it. On the other hand, if there are heavy crowds and you are doing an open to close day at the parks AND you need a good time filler that involves SITTING for an extended period of time (i.e., to rest!), then this is an excellent choice.

It's a really good show, but if you have the Broadway show tickets, I wouldn't take the time away from my day in the park. I've seen the show on Broadway, too. It's excellent. I'd just look forward to that one.

We loved the show. We went to the 1 pm show and ate our lunches while we were waiting for show to start. It was nice to have a break in the middle of the day since we had been in the park since rope drop.
The theatre seats are comfortable and I thought the acting/ singing was Broadway quality.

Thanks!!! awesome comments! I think we will see how our day goes.... if we can fit it in, then we will go. Otherwise, we will look forward to the Broadway show. :goodvibes

We saw it once, it was ok. We are still bitter about it replacing Aladdin though :)

We just saw the touring company of Aladdin and thought it was not as good as the one in DCA, hopefully Frozen will not be the same situation.

I went to the touring company production of Aladdin in Seattle with my cousins and sister. My cousins have never been to DCA and were in AWE. My sister and I were so disappointed because we were obsessed with Aladdin at DCA (we saw it at least once every time we visited!). Glad I'm not the only poor sport ;)

We loved it, in spite of sort of feeling Frozen overload there for a while. We still see it on every trip. Last time we decided to just go in a few minutes before show time so we didn't have to invest extra time, and our seats were great.

My husband loves the show (loved Aladdin more though) and makes us go each time. It is a good show and if you don’t care where you sit you can normally show up like 15 minutes before it starts. They say the mid show is normally the busiest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter