Is the Frozen show worth the 90-120 minute investment?

It really is a great show. If you have the time I definitely recommend it, but if you don't then it can be skipped. They do have dining packages too, but of course you will take time at a sit-down meal. If you are planning to eat at one of the offered restaurants anyway though, it may be a way to go. I do recommend sitting closer than in the very back as the show is more impressive up close.

My friend, who was visiting from out of state (he has a Premier AP), had seen it previously, enjoyed it, and suggested that we go see it the last time he was in town. Long stage shows are not really my thing, but since we were in DCA, very close to the Hyperion Theater, at the time, I agreed.

I liked it well enough, but, again, long stage shows are not my thing, so I'd say if you're not already a fan of the theater, you can skip it and not hate yourself in the morning. A good part of the time that I was there, I kept thinking about all the rides that I could have been on and the characters that I could have been visiting.

Short answer: No, it's not.

Long answer: Its a good show. It's a nice way to rest your feet or get some AC on a hot day. It's a good place to escape rain. It's great if you are huge Frozen or musical theater fans.

It's also about 30 minutes too long. It takes a huge chunk out of the day, and there are better things to do in DCA, IMO.

Skip it.

I enjoyed the show (the actors and effects were great) and it was nice to take a break but still be in the park. I did the dining package (the Olaf dessert is adorable and delicious), so didn’t spend much time waiting in line.

It sounds like you only have one day at DCA. We are DCA fans and feel there is so much to see and do. I like the Frozen show, it is high quality as others said. But with only one day you may not have enough time. Good news is you don't have to decide ahead of time. It is a nice place to sit out of the heat and rest your feet if you need that break. But once you ride Guardians the siren might just call you back a time or two, and then you will have no time for the show. :jumping1: Have a great time.

We just did it for the first time. We’ve been on a few trips since Aladdin left and we just hadn’t made it before (schedule wise it’s usually rather inconvenient to us). I enjoyed it, but I won’t go out of my way for it. The play was absolutely true to the movie, my main issue with it was my main issue with the movie- I was bored for the first half hour, maybe a bit more, of the movie & I was correspondingly bored with the first like 20 mins of the play.

It was neat to see once, but I wouldn’t give up other things for it. The center piece song of Let It Go was truely beautiful. The new tech they’ve added since Aladdin was used great. The actor who played Olaf was hilarious. The young versions of the sisters were admittedly really weird, but it’s not like Disney can employ kids for this.

At the end of the day I’m glad I saw it, but it took having 5 days in the parks and a day of rain to make me do it. I wouldn’t go out of the way for it in the future, if it seems like something I want to do at the time I’ll do it. Otherwise it’s a pass.

Despite all the new pizzazz and the general awesomeness of Let It Go... I miss Aladdin.

Just realized the Frozen show is 1 hour long.
We like Frozen but aren't huge fans... basically... we can take it or leave it. But thought with all the good reviews we might go. BUT.... the show is 1 hour plus in and out.... so, we are talking 90 minutes minimum out of the day.
And we have tickets for the Broadway show when it comes to town.
FWIW I think the Frozen show at DCA is MUCH better than the Broadway version. I'm not sure why. Maybe because the extra songs in the Broadway show just feel like filler? (except "Hygge" -- that's the only quality new addition IMO). I've seen the Frozen show at DCA twice and cried both times even though I knew exactly what was coming, so I think it's absolutely worth it. Then again, I've been to DLR countless times and I'm not looking to go on lots of rides. Really depends if there are other things you'd rather be doing.

I was one of those adamant NO FROZEN!! people after it replaced Aladdin, so we didn't see it until this last trip. Honestly, I don't know what we were thinking. We decided to see it one day to get out of the rain and ended up seeing it an additional 3 times that trip (a 4 day trip).

It was incredible. The scenery is beautiful, the acting is great. The popcorn during adds a great touch (and pretty cheap at $5/box). It was simply a beautiful, well-done show!

Here is a vote to hit it. It's a one and done, but you should see it. I took my sister and her two small children last year to the park, I talked up many, many parts of the trip going into it. It was always in my plan to hit the Frozen show but I guess it never came up?

Just recently she was reminiscing with me about that trip and her exact words were..." It was so funny you never told me we were going to go to see Frozen and I thought it was one of the highlights of the trip!"

Me too!! The parents starting off the ending song is what makes me tear up :sad1: every.single.time.
The ending is what gets me too! I don't want to give away anything, but there's an Elsa/Anna moment that isn't in the movie that hits me right in the feels.

Just realized the Frozen show is 1 hour long.
We like Frozen but aren't huge fans... basically... we can take it or leave it. But thought with all the good reviews we might go. BUT.... the show is 1 hour plus in and out.... so, we are talking 90 minutes minimum out of the day.
And we have tickets for the Broadway show when it comes to town.

I can't handle the Nemo Musical at WDW because it is just TOO LONG! I come out of there feeling like we wasted half the day.... I'm not saying the show isn't good... it is a great show... just way too long! Too many other things to see and do.

so.... is it really worth that much time out of the day?
It's comparable to the old Aladdin show that was there before. It's worth it to see it at least once. But not a "Must See" IMHO. If you are spending 2 or 3 days and can afford to waste 2 hours? Sure, why not. But ( for me ) it's not worth it if your schedule is really tight.

Our DD is four and it was probably one of the top five highlights of her trip. She LOVED it. That being said, she is a Frozen fan.
We went to the five o'clock show (apparently the slowest one) and showed up about half an hour early. We got pretty decent seats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter