Is the Search down?

robinb

DIS veteran
I've tried to do a search a number of times since the board was down a day or two ago and each time I get the message "The search could not be completed. Please try again later."

Is it just down temporarily?

Thanks! I figured as much after the downtime earlier this week :). I have a google work around but it doesn't work at the thread level.

Several features not working or work differently. I assume they did some site updates the others day when the site was totally down. Probably still working out the bugs on the new updates.

When I search today more recent posts are missing. Will that be fixed, or are they gone forever?

Is the search feature still not working properly? My searches for popular terms are turning up just one or two threads. Is this going to be fixed or is this just the way it is now? Really disappointing!

Is the search feature still not working properly? My searches for popular terms are turning up just one or two threads. Is this going to be fixed or is this just the way it is now? Really disappointing!
I'm going with "Yes".

I've tried to see several people's posts and it's not working. One person (with thousands of posts here on disboards) only came up with 6 posts, all within the last week. Another person with only 50 posts had no hits.

@WebmasterKathy @WebmasterMaryJo @WebmasterCorey or anyone else - help!

Yes, there are some technical issues on the back end being worked on that affect search right now.

I have a Chrome extension called "Search the current site" which allows me to do a google search of the DIS from my browser. You can also just go to Google and do the search but this is easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter