• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is there a charge for downtown disney?

devotedchristian

DIS Veteran
We are arriving in Downtown Disney on Thursday, May 29. After we check into our hotel, we will go there. We want to go to the movies at AMC Theatres in Westside. However, it will be more thank likely a 8 or 9pm movie. I have read that they start charging after 7pm for the clubs in Pleasure Island which I believe is a part of Westside. I don't want to have to pay just to get in Downtown Disney and then pay for the movie tickets. Does this sound right?

Hello and welcome to the DIS!!! :)

No there is no charge for the West Side or the Market Place areas of DTD.That's what is GREAT about the DTD area.You can still exprience the Disney magic without paying the price! I call it my freebie day! ;) These area stay open until 11pm.

If you have younger kids try Legoland and the Rain Forest Cafe over at the MKTPL.My boys could spend HOURS at Legoland.If anyone in your party is a shopper the Marketplace is where to go.It's home to the world's largest Disney store! :eek:

I will warn you though I think the movie price is $10 or more.I'm not sure how that compares to your area of the country but it's pretty pricey for here in Tennessee!

Check out the info we have here at the DIS:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/downtown/marketplace/index.htm

The charge that you were referring to, was for Pleasure Island. And, they have just changed the policy to where there are no more "free walk on's before 7...". PI is ok if you want to party, but DD is awesome! Definitely take the time to go!! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Hey! I just had to jump in here and tell you that I like your user name!! I know that is off of the subject, but I wanted to tell you anyway!:D :D If you hop over to the Community Board we have a Christian music thread going. It is really awesome!!! We share songs, scriptures, etc.
Anyway, Downtown Disney is very nice. You can stroll along and shop, eat, etc. There is no charge for the looking around. There are charges for some of the attractions, such as the movies, Disney Quest, etc. There is a gateway that leads to Pleasure Island. If you don't want to go there then you can just avoid that walkway. The shops are open and free. I totally agree with Baloo; RainForest Cafe is wonderful!!!! That is an absolute favorite with my family! The kids just love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter