is there a difference between studios

Disney before Sally

DIS Veteran
considering a studio at BC, Poly, BW, GF, or WL because they say will sleep 5.

I have the square footages of each. I have looked at layouts, but not seeing how a fifth will sleep if not in bathtub. I think some have two queen or one queen one pull out couch?

I think only Poly has two showers?

What are some other differences between these studios besides location?

All the studios you listed above have a twin size murphy bed that pulls out as part of the tv cabiney. You can see the videos on you tube

All of these studios have a queen bed [maybe a double, but I think its a queen] a sofa pull out bed and the murphy bed. Poly definitely has two showers. I am not sure about the others

PVB and VGF both have split baths in the studios. It's still only 1 toilet. VGF is also just one sink with the a walk in shower in one side and a tub/shower in the other where the toilet is. PVB has a walk in shower and sink in one room and a sink and tub/shower combo along with the toilet in another.

The other's are virtual identical layouts.

For sleeping all of them have one queen size bed and a pull out sleeper sofa (it's a queen in PVB and VGF but double in all the others). And then they have a single murphy bed in the cabinet under the TV.

For BCV, BWV and BRV its a combo murphy bed/table set up so if you open the bed you lose the table. Close the bed you have a table.

VGF and PVB have their own separate little tables not attached to the murphy bed.

All these pictures are from allears.net.

This is the BWV studio showing what the murphy bed/table is like for it, BRV and BCV:

Murphy bed closed:

boardwalk-villa-studio-1626t.jpg

Murphy bed open:

boardwalk-villa-studio-1630t.jpg

VGF photos: http://allears.net/acc/gallery_villas_grand_floridian.htm

PVB photos: http://allears.net/acc/g-polynesian-village-dvc.htm

BCV, BWV, and VWL (Boulder Ridge): studio room sizes are very close to each other, just under 360 sq ft. The room has a queen and a double-sized, pull-out couch, single bathroom with combined tub and shower, and the murphy bed which pulls out of a large cabinet, above which is the TV; for all three that murphy bed was something added not too long ago. Points required are very close to the same at each resort, except that BWV has "standard view" at a significantly lower cost. Those are limited in number and considered the best DVC bargain at WDW -- you get a near park resort and can walk to two parks at a cost that compares to OKW. -- but they are often hard to get unless you book right at 8 a.m. eastern at 11 months out. BWV also has boardwalk view as a booking category and those rooms have fantastic views but can also be difficult to get unless booking with the 11 month window.

Poly and VGF: Poly has the largest studios at 465 sq ft and VGF comes in at about 374 but much of the Poly space is devoted to the bathroom areas, with the result that its sleeping room is comparable in size to VGF. Both have a queen bed and a queen-size pull-out couch, and the murphy bed; both have split-room bathrooms, with a combined tub and shower and a separate shower. Both have a room point cost significantly above BCV, BWV and VWL. Poly is the only DVC resort where you can get connecting studios (every Poly studio except two connects to another studio). Currently connecting studios at Poly are not guaranteed but probability of getting them is very high. To get a studio at VGF often requires use of the 11 month booking window and there are times when you need to book at exactly 8 a.m. at 11 months out to get one.

Note when you mention WL, I am assuming you meant what was formerly VWL, which is now Boulder Ridge. If instead you were referring to the new Copper Creek Villa rooms in what was a portion of Wilderness Lodge hotel, then those rooms do not have the murphy bed and allow 4, most are only 338 sq ft but there are a small number of "alternative" studios that are actually around 400 sq ft. Also, the bathrooms for the studios can have either a tub and shower or just a shower (that is a guaranteed booking category)

Last edited:

All the studios you listed above have a twin size murphy bed that pulls out as part of the tv cabiney. You can see the videos on you tube

All of these studios have a queen bed [maybe a double, but I think its a queen] a sofa pull out bed and the murphy bed. Poly definitely has two showers. I am not sure about the others
BRV, BWV, BCV all have a double sleeper sofa and a queen sized bed. The murphy bed is shorter and narrower than a twin sized bed. Their layout is nearly the same size and layout other than minor differences. GFV and PVB are different in their layout. They have a queen bed and queen sleeper sofa, plus the bunk sized murphy bed. They both have a separate shower and tub.

We just stayed in a Poly studio and didn't like it. The bathroom spaces were strangely large and wasted. That space should've been devoted to the bedroom. Don't get me started on the boat horn outside the room in a lakeview room. Would you like a view of the park? Yes! Would you like to feel like you're on the boat with its horn blaring constantly despite using a sound machine? Have we got the studio for you! Go with a different studio IMO if you are not hearing impaired. I'm going to end it there because there were a lot of things we didn't like about the resort which bummed us out, since we were really looking forward to our stay there. Shoot me a PM if you'd like a full report on it.

We just stayed in a Poly studio and didn't like it. The bathroom spaces were strangely large and wasted. That space should've been devoted to the bedroom. Don't get me started on the boat horn outside the room in a lakeview room. Would you like a view of the park? Yes! Would you like to feel like you're on the boat with its horn blaring constantly despite using a sound machine? Have we got the studio for you! Go with a different studio IMO if you are not hearing impaired. I'm going to end it there because there were a lot of things we didn't like about the resort which bummed us out, since we were really looking forward to our stay there. Shoot me a PM if you'd like a full report on it.

Do you think the noise would be bad in a standard view? I want to stay there on our next trip, but I am an extremely light sleeper, so I am concerned about the boat noise.

Also, I'm a Texas Chick too :)

Do you think the noise would be bad in a standard view? I want to stay there on our next trip, but I am an extremely light sleeper, so I am concerned about the boat noise.

We did standard view and had no issues with the boat horn. We’ve stayed twice in Tokelau and could only hear the horns if the sliding glass doors were open.

Last edited:

Whoo hoo! Hi neighbor! We stayed in a lake view room in the Moorea building. An amazing view of MK, but very very loud. I cannot comment on standard view since we didn’t stay in that. I was warned by a few friends on here about the horn, but I honestly didn’t expect it to be so loud. I thought they were exaggerating; they weren’t. It didn’t ruin our trip or anything as we only stayed there one night, but it was definitely there and couldn’t be ignored. :(

Didn't hear boat noise in a standard at Tokelau at all. Had a parking lot view though. No noise involved, at least not on the highest floor. Could see the monorail going by. And VERY close to TTC.

Didn't hear boat noise in a standard at Tokelau at all. Had a parking lot view though. No noise involved, at least not on the highest floor. Could see the monorail going by. And VERY close to TTC.

Do you mean Pago Pago? Tokelau is by the pool.

Whoo hoo! Hi neighbor! We stayed in a lake view room in the Moorea building. An amazing view of MK, but very very loud. I cannot comment on standard view since we didn’t stay in that. I was warned by a few friends on here about the horn, but I honestly didn’t expect it to be so loud. I thought they were exaggerating; they weren’t. It didn’t ruin our trip or anything as we only stayed there one night, but it was definitely there and couldn’t be ignored. :(

Thank you so much! Our trip isn't for over a year (I want to go now, lol). We haven't booked yet but I have been hoping for Poly (we want to rent DVC points, so we'll see).

We stayed in a standard view studio in Moorea overlooking the walking path to the TTC and didn't hear the boats at all.

Agreed... no noise at all from Tokelau (all standard views in that longhouse). And yes, the bathrooms (especially the one with the tub/toilet) were weird, but we just used all that extra space to store stuff - icechest, water bottles, beer, etc. I said more than once how a little washer/dryer would fit so nicely in there... curious what got 'budgeted' out.

Edit to add - Loved the resort! Would go back in a heartbeat. Even with the big bathrooms, the rest of the room was spacious and comfy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter