Is there a DVC - Kiosk in Paris?

Caribcat

Earning My Ears
Bit of a random one. Does anybody know if there are DVC Sales Kiosks and Guides at Disney Land Paris?

Heading there on the weekend and if there are I might be tempted by the OKW Adonnitis.

Bit of a random one. Does anybody know if there are DVC Sales Kiosks and Guides at Disney Land Paris?

Heading there on the weekend and if there are I might be tempted by the OKW Adonnitis.
This actually came up on The DVC Show podcast episode that came out this morning. There are not.

That's a pity - money is safe (for now). The last DVC cruise we did had even though we weren't near Disney.

If they ever had DVC rooms at the Disneyland Paris hotel it would make 7m competition at VGC look like child’s play. It is a spectacular hotel.

I know it is possible to use points to buy cash rooms but the “exchange” is quite unattractive. I’m talking about proper DVC.
If they could put one in Paris and TokyoSEA I'd be so happy but I imagine international timeshares not being something Disney wants to be a part of. Also I'm not sure how many people would make that their home resort.

It's funny, and I'm not trying to derail the thread, but I went to Disney Paris during December of 1992. I was in college at the time had gone over during the Christmas break. The ONLY thing I remember is it was freezing and one of the rides, perhaps Big Mountain Railroad, I can't recall, had icicles all over the ride area.

Anyway, just something I remember but it's foggy, I'm getting old :)

I totally agree that it would be hard to sell Paris or DisneySea has a home resort. But for the occasional trip…can you imagine???
Why do you think Tokyo would be hard to sell? I don’t think it will ever happen for various reasons but I don’t think it would be hard to sell. Disneyland Paris with Walt Disney Studios might be questionable (basically one park and a half) but Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea form a very complete set in my opinion, and they are expanding.

DVC is not licensed to sell in France. French buyers direct have to be in Orlando to sign.

I totally agree that it would be hard to sell Paris or DisneySea has a home resort. But for the occasional trip…can you imagine???
Yeahhh as much as I love the resorts near the parks, DVC as a whole really benefits from having diversification in location like VB, HHI and Aulani. Sadly I don't think we'll ever see another off property resort. I'd be extremely happy to have the ski resort Walt wanted way back in the day or hell if Disney could make it's own Atlantis style resort that'd be nice but I know it's all wishful thinking lol. It's either rent out your points to stay somewhere else or you book a Disney trip (which isn't a bad thing :P)

Last edited:
Why do you think Tokyo would be hard to sell?
It would be very hard to sell because an annual trip to Japan is unreasonable for the average consumer. Even a trip every 3 years with banking and borrowing is unreasonable.

Japanese nationals wouldn't buy it either, as we've seen with DVC and Aulani. Speaking of which... does anyone know if DVC still has the Japanese booth in Waikiki (Royal Hawaiian Center?)?

Plus don't forget Shanghai and HK. The Asian population has multiple options for visiting a Disney Park, regardless of overall quality.

It would be very hard to sell because an annual trip to Japan is unreasonable for the average consumer. Even a trip every 3 years with banking and borrowing is unreasonable.
You mean average US consumer?
Japanese nationals wouldn't buy it either, as we've seen with DVC and Aulani.
Well, maybe Japanese nationals are just not too keen on committing to 40 years of visiting Disney in the US? If you’ve experienced the queues at Tokyo Disney Resort, you know that there are a lot of very Disney-minded people in Japan.

Still, it is highly unlikely as the Oriental Land company probably isn’t interested but I doubt that the demand wouldn’t be there. If DVC works in California, it probably can work in Tokyo, too.

Marriott has a Timeshare property right on the edge of DLP. I'd imagine the European regulatory environment is in part why Disney isn't interested. Plus, don't they already have too many Disney hotels in Paris?

If they ever had DVC rooms at the Disneyland Paris hotel it would make 7m competition at VGC look like child’s play. It is a spectacular hotel.

I know it is possible to use points to buy cash rooms but the “exchange” is quite unattractive. I’m talking about proper DVC.
I really really hoped that with the refurbishment they'd convert a wing od the hotel to DVC, now that the resort is fully owned by the Walt Disney Company.

DD desperately wants to go back to Paris, and if DVC were an option it would be much more reasonable to do so. She might even be willing to give up a WDW trip to make that happen.

Who am I kidding? When it comes to Disney, in her mind “there’s no ‘OR,’ only ‘AND.’"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter