Is there a "tipping point" for SMSM?

LovePug

DIS Veteran
I'm not sure how to ask this so it makes sense...We are planning for the either Thanksgiving (week before, or after) or perhaps the week before Christmas in 2020 (I have to take DS school into account). Is there a point that it makes more sense, financially, to stay longer because the rates drop enough that it practically pays for itself? Does that make sense?

I only book with the smsm rate when I have a stay 7 days plus and if it is at the highest discount rate of 35% discount

Other times I use my preferred ap for the room discount

Play with the numbers based on what discounts are available for your trip dates

Week before thanksgiving would have better crowd levels than the time near Christmas

I only book with the smsm rate when I have a stay 7 days plus and if it is at the highest discount rate of 35% discount

Other times I use my preferred ap for the room discount

Play with the numbers based on what discounts are available for your trip dates

Week before thanksgiving would have better crowd levels than the time near Christmas

Thank-you. Is it best to book early, or wait for a possible deal? Is there a sweet spot to book?

Definitely best to book early, especially since the SMSM rates are available now. It looks like you can get the SMSM discount for stays of 4 nights or more Thanksgiving week. You can play with dates to see how the rates change. Holiday nights cost more than the week before so it is not always cheapest to book 7 nights if you are adding holiday dates. The lower rates can get booked up or become more expensive over time. You can always modify if better rates do become available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter