Is there an unofficial LGBT hangout spot on property?

OK so obviously Disney World doesn’t have an explicitly queer bar, but I’m willing to bet there are one or two places that LGBT cast members and/or visitors gravitate towards.

I won’t have a car during my upcoming trip so I can’t go into Orlando proper. I did open Scruff at my resort during my last trip, but it was mostly dads there with their families and I’m looking for a wider range of people/less of a hookup thing.

I’m confused. Are these straight dads you’re finding on scruff or “straight” dads you’re finding on scruff?

Id love to know this too! We've been going during Gay Days, so basically any bar was a queer hangout spot. But this year we have a trip at the end of June instead.

I will say that we never have a car when staying on property, but Lyft/Uber are great options for getting to/from Orlando spots. Parliament House is a cool venue, sort of club/motel/performance space all in one.

And indeed, there are many "straight" Dads on Scruff in Disney. Alas. Though the flipside is that I have seen gays looking to arrange meetups (for drinks or lunch out, not hooking up) on SCruff too. At least during Gay Days.

Perhaps if there is no unofficial queer hangout, we should just pull a guerrilla queer bar move and declare one! ;) Mizner's Lounge? The Edison? Outer Rim? Geyser Point?

Id love to know this too! We've been going during Gay Days, so basically any bar was a queer hangout spot. But this year we have a trip at the end of June instead.

I will say that we never have a car when staying on property, but Lyft/Uber are great options for getting to/from Orlando spots. Parliament House is a cool venue, sort of club/motel/performance space all in one.

And indeed, there are many "straight" Dads on Scruff in Disney. Alas. Though the flipside is that I have seen gays looking to arrange meetups (for drinks or lunch out, not hooking up) on SCruff too. At least during Gay Days.

Perhaps if there is no unofficial queer hangout, we should just pull a guerrilla queer bar move and declare one! ;) Mizner's Lounge? The Edison? Outer Rim? Geyser Point?

I'll throw Abracadabar into the mix haha

As a former and to-be Cast Member, there is a large majority that are LGBTQ+, especially those in the Disney College Program and everyone in the DCP LOVES Jellyrolls so I say we make the gay agenda to be to take over Jellyrolls and ensure that "Sweet Caroline" is never ever requested EVER AGAIN.

I always thought the bar at the Wave in the Contemporary would make a great bar for a weekly Gay night. Good food, served later than most places, and has a decent vibe.

As a former and to-be Cast Member, there is a large majority that are LGBTQ+, especially those in the Disney College Program and everyone in the DCP LOVES Jellyrolls so I say we make the gay agenda to be to take over Jellyrolls and ensure that "Sweet Caroline" is never ever requested EVER AGAIN.
Sounds like a great plan!

I would love if Jellyrolls was the gay hangout, but between the cover charge and the fact that we could never stop the heterosexuals and their unnerving desire to here Sweet Caroline, I don’t think we could make that last. Any other ideas on property? Abracadabar would be great if the bar was a bit bigger.

My top bar choices for gay meetups:
Abracadabar: Great ambiance and fun cocktails. Yes, it's not huge. But I rarely find it to be packed. Good for Epcot/HS days.
The Wave: Great night-time spot that's never mobbed. Good for MK days.
The Edison: Maybe we can claim the big downstairs bar as the queer bar? I love their cocktails and its a great late-night spot. Good for Disney Springs days.

Maybes:
Mizner's update: pour one out for Mizner's Lounge. I loved how secluded and relaxing it was. Maybe the new bar will be fun? who knows. But location is good.
Boathouse: The bar on the water in the back is gorgeous when its nice breezy day...not so much when its crappy out.

Great bars that don't work great for meetups:
Geyser Point: lovely spot but how many people are actually going to take a boat or go out of their way to get to it? unless staying at WL.
Jellyrolls: Has a cover charge. ugh. Sweet Caroline will reign eternal.
Trader Sam's: One of my favorite spots, but usually has a wait on weekends. Maybe weekdays?

Here is Boston there was a Guerrilla Queer bar that was popular for a while, where it would be announced on social media that Bar X would be the gay bar on a particular night, word would spread through a mailing list and social media and we would take over a particular bar on a particular night. That might be a more fun way of doing things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!