Is there an unofficial LGBT hangout spot on property?

I'm organizing a trip for me, my SO, and a bunch of our queer friends for the end of August and man I think we would love something like this. (I don't know enough about locations to recommend anything personally, though.)

Here is Boston there was a Guerrilla Queer bar that was popular for a while, where it would be announced on social media that Bar X would be the gay bar on a particular night, word would spread through a mailing list and social media and we would take over a particular bar on a particular night. That might be a more fun way of doing things.

This idea seems really great imo. I'm very interested in subscribing if a mailing list like this crops up. 💌

I’m thinking it should probably be in Disney springs to allow people not staying on property easier access to parking. While I love the Wave and Abacadrabar, Parking could be an issue. Either that or there is a rotating schedule.

Note: Sweet Caroline is a terrible ear worm that I picked up just from reading this thread. I agree that it should be banned at Jellyrolls, or anywhere else for that matter.

I always thought the bar at the Wave in the Contemporary would make a great bar for a weekly Gay night. Good food, served later than most places, and has a decent vibe.
Just tried the Wave for the first time this week and I couldn’t agree more. Could be a great gay bar night location.

Clearly none of you are Red Sox fans. There should be exemption for your proposed ban on Sweet Caroline or what will we play during the seventh inning stretch?

im dating myself, but still miss Thursday nights at Mannequins in Pleasure Island, which I believe was the last official weekly gay bar on Disney property.
With the cast and visitors I'm surprised Disney doesn't come up with something regularly scheduled. Seems like a way to mint money seling $12-$15 cocktails

the place named after Addison M would have been the logical choice but it's being re-themed

Disney definitely needs at least one gay bar. My boyfriend and I used to love 8Traxx. We love Abracadabar but haven’t noticed a preponderance of Family.

im dating myself, but still miss Thursday nights at Mannequins in Pleasure Island, which I believe was the last official weekly gay bar on Disney property.
With the cast and visitors I'm surprised Disney doesn't come up with something regularly scheduled. Seems like a way to mint money seling $12-$15 cocktails

Was it official? Genuinely asking as someone who frequented Mannequins during the early 2000's. I remember someone mentioning that Monday and Thursday's were 'gay nights' at a few of the clubs when I lived in Orlando.

...I loved the Whitney mega-mix with CO2 and light show for last dance at Mannequins. :D

Was it official? Genuinely asking as someone who frequented Mannequins during the early 2000's. I remember someone mentioning that Monday and Thursday's were 'gay nights' at a few of the clubs when I lived in Orlando.

...I loved the Whitney mega-mix with CO2 and light show for last dance at Mannequins. :D

Thursday nights at Mannequins were even labeled DV8 with staff in different shirts etc. I would call it unofficially official. Anyone was welcome to come in who had a PI ticket but it was a gay club that night.
You post is the first I’ve heard of Monday’s but with large local cast population I’m sure most anything at PI had a large family audience most any night.

Thursday nights at Mannequins were even labeled DV8 with staff in different shirts etc. I would call it unofficially official. Anyone was welcome to come in who had a PI ticket but it was a gay club that night.
You post is the first I’ve heard of Monday’s but with large local cast population I’m sure most anything at PI had a large family audience most any night.

I remember visiting Mannequins one night and 8Trax another. We would go out and party, end up at Perkins around 3am and then I would grab a nap in my car before going to work and opening at one of the theme parks. :crutches: <--- me today if I even thought about doing something like that.

I would love if Jellyrolls was the gay hangout, but between the cover charge and the fact that we could never stop the heterosexuals and their unnerving desire to here Sweet Caroline, I don’t think we could make that last. Any other ideas on property? Abracadabar would be great if the bar was a bit bigger.

What is the appeal of ‘Sweet Caroline’ unless you are a Boston Red Sox fan and even then...

Yes, Scruff is an app just like Grindr. It's a bit more targeted towards hairy guys, bears, otters, etc. But plenty of guys outside of those designations use it too.

While there may not be any explicitly queer bars or venues within Disney World, there are still plenty of opportunities to connect with other members of the LGBTQ+ community during your trip. One option could be to attend one of the many LGBTQ+ events or parties that take place throughout the year in the Orlando area. You could also consider joining a social group or organization that caters to the LGBTQ+ community and attending their events or meetings.

Another option could be to reach out to local LGBTQ+ resources such as The Center Orlando, which offers a variety of programs and services for the LGBTQ+ community, including social events and support groups. They may be able to provide you with more information about queer-friendly bars or venues in the area.

Ultimately, the best way to find LGBTQ+ friendly spaces and connect with other members of the community is to be open and friendly, strike up conversations with people, and ask around for recommendations. You never know who you might meet and what kind of connections you might make during your trip!

If I was Swan/Dolphin I would shave some space somewhere for a Cafe Lifitte or Sidetrax or (name a NYC bar). I think the name recognition alone would bring in lots of people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!