Is there any difference between Endless Summer and Cabana Bay?

captaindavidhook

<font color=green>Stay away from there<br><font co
I know Endless Summer is very new and considered a value resort. I also do know you have to take a 5 minute bus ride to the parks. The only thing I know about Cabana Bay is that you can walk from there to Volcano Bay and they have a bowling alley. With that said, which one would you prefer to stay at if you had a choice. They are not that much different in price range and looking for some helpful information. TIA.

I have thought about going super cheap to Endless summer, but I love CBBR for the pools, the Bayliner Diner, walking to VB, and the ability to pool hop. To be honest, I walk to Volcano Bay more than I use the CBBR pools, but I also go to RPR and PBR to use the pools also.

Last edited:
Endless Summer is farther out and it's lower tier. I already though Cabana Bay was a bit too low for my taste (mattress comfort, linen quality...resort amenities and overall room were great though!). You can walk to the parks in about 15 minutes from CB. I don't think I'd want to be farther out that Cabana Bay.

Bus ride from Cabana bay to the parks is pretty quick, but they stop at Aventura and Sapphire before heading to CityWalk, so about 10 minutes total. A bus was always waiting for us at CB though so they run non-stop.

We adored Cabana when we were there but I was looking into a quick stay late April at Endless before everything happened, just to try. From youtube videos it looks pretty decent, nothing too fancy but would do the trick. The one thing I'm not a huge fan of is the pool - just a wading pool from the sounds of things. CB has a big bonus in the pools and lazy river for sure.

It's great that VB is walking distance from Cabana, but I don't know if I would make that my primary reason to stay there. Universal is pretty compact and I don't think any hotel is really more than 10-15 minutes, even if you have to switch buses.

FWIW our only on-site stay has been at CB so I can't compare it to other resorts, but from the mostly raving reviews of all the resorts you can't go wrong. I'm sure Endless is mostly positive as well. Based on their location being slightly away from other resorts they should have a dedicated bus route as well. And at the end of the day they're only 2 miles from CityWalk so again a very short commute.

Cabana Bay is heavily themed and one of my favorite hotels (of all time). You can also walk to the parks (although a longish walk). The lazy river and pools are wonderful. I have never stayed at Endless Summer and I am sure it is fine but I prefer the theming of Cabana Bay. Both hotels have lower amenities with regard to bed comfort, etc but I love Cabana Bay so much I tend not to care. (That said, the best hotel bed ever is the higher end Portofino Bay imo.)

Bus ride from Cabana bay to the parks is pretty quick, but they stop at Aventura and Sapphire before heading to CityWalk, so about 10 minutes total. A bus was always waiting for us at CB though so they run non-stop.

We adored Cabana when we were there but I was looking into a quick stay late April at Endless before everything happened, just to try. From youtube videos it looks pretty decent, nothing too fancy but would do the trick. The one thing I'm not a huge fan of is the pool - just a wading pool from the sounds of things. CB has a big bonus in the pools and lazy river for sure.

It's great that VB is walking distance from Cabana, but I don't know if I would make that my primary reason to stay there. Universal is pretty compact and I don't think any hotel is really more than 10-15 minutes, even if you have to switch buses.

FWIW our only on-site stay has been at CB so I can't compare it to other resorts, but from the mostly raving reviews of all the resorts you can't go wrong. I'm sure Endless is mostly positive as well. Based on their location being slightly away from other resorts they should have a dedicated bus route as well. And at the end of the day they're only 2 miles from CityWalk so again a very short commute.

Is it true that the Endless Resorts have only wading pools?! We are booked at Dockside and I didn't get that impression. I thought they were full sized pools. Now I am worried.

Follow up, if you google "universal endless summer pool depth" a few sites quote 4 feet as max depth.

We stayed there a few weeks ago, and yes that was the maximum depth (or right around there). I was able to easily walk around standing in the entire pool. Even with that, it is still a very nice pool for the value of your hotel. If that is a big focus of your vacation though, Cabana Bay is probably the way to go.

I have thought about going super cheap to Endless summer, but I love CBBR for the pools, the Bayliner Diner, walking to VB, and the ability to pool hop. To be honest, I walk to Volcano Bay more than I use the CBBR pools, but I also go to RPR and PBR to use the pools also.

THIS!! We are going in October and are going with another family - it's their first trip ever! We have only ever stayed at CBBR - the size of the family suite perfect for the 4 of us, my boys LOVE LOVE the pool and lazy river. We love being so close to VB - we tend to do it for a few hours almost daily form how convenient it is. We were looking into one of the Endless Summer hotels, but TBH, with the park hours being so limited when we go in Oct....our boys will have a blast just being at the pool at CBBR.

So if we take the pools, lazy river, and VB out of it since I don't go to the pools or water parks (way to overweight for that), what is the best resort of the two?

I haven't stayed yet at either of the Endless Summer resorts, but CB also has the bowling alley, a Starbucks, a surprisingly nice and large workout room, a diner next to the bowling alley, there is also a nice little diner and a bar area in the pool area that you can order food and just pool watch if you want, and a fairly extensive food court. I do believe that each Endless Summer resort may have its own food court and pool bar area as well, which may be better or worse.

And CB has a very large easy entry Jacuzzi which might be of interest (even if the pools aren't). And of course there is the different "theming" between them.

Also, you can walk to the parks from CB (it’s a long walk- probably 15-20 minutes). Not sure if that’s an option from ES. I know you said to take the pool out of the equation, but for others reading this for info, CB also has a decent slide at their second pool.

Disney family here. Made the decision to stay at Endless Summer for a few days on/after Thanksgiving weekend and am really excited for the change. Got a suite for less than a standard room at Disney and with no park days and not big on pools so we figured we'd give it a shot. Will mostly be hanging out CityWalk and head over to Disney property.

Really looking forward to it.

Disney family here. Made the decision to stay at Endless Summer for a few days on/after Thanksgiving weekend and am really excited for the change. Got a suite for less than a standard room at Disney and with no park days and not big on pools so we figured we'd give it a shot. Will mostly be hanging out CityWalk and head over to Disney property.

Really looking forward to it.
We are also a Disney family. We also made the choice to stay at Endless summer.
I couldnt resist $78... and even less because I bought hotels.com giftcards at Sam's club at a discount. 18 days till our trip :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter