is there anyway around this service fee for snacks

Yeah - no doubt its gotten out of hand ... places that are not resorts in any way shape or form now have resort fees.

I suspect almost every customer complains about resort fees.

Even worse .. that fee does not even include parking in most cases, so you have an elevated parking fee as well.

I was at one place, there resort fee was 45 or 50 a day. You got two free drinks...for your entire stay... not daily, but the fee was daily.
I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last year that we pre-paid for the room. On check in they ran a credit card to cover the $10 a day parking fee and any other charges we might accrue. There are three hotels side by side, Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn and Fairfield Inn, all owned by the same company. They had ACRES of parking, mostly empty around those hotels. I have never been billed, it was off season and I suspect they were just glad to have people staying there. Apparently the staff worked at all three hotels, Guests were allowed to use the pool at either hotel, and there was a sign saying that there was a kids play area in one of the hotels open to guests of any of the three hotels.

I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last year that we pre-paid for the room. On check in they ran a credit card to cover the $10 a day parking fee and any other charges we might accrue. There are three hotels side by side, Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn and Fairfield Inn, all owned by the same company. They had ACRES of parking, mostly empty around those hotels. I have never been billed, it was off season and I suspect they were just glad to have people staying there. Apparently the staff worked at all three hotels, Guests were allowed to use the pool at either hotel, and there was a sign saying that there was a kids play area in one of the hotels open to guests of any of the three hotels.
That's an unusual arrangement. Holiday Inn is owned by Intercontinental, Hampton Inn is owned by Hilton and Fairfield Inn is owned by Marriott.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter