Is there better days at DL then others?

3 days is definitely doable, but since you've been so worried about crowds, I'd do 4 or 5 if possible. You really want the extra time to do the parks at a relaxed pace and to leave whenever the crowds start getting to you, without feeling like you have to rush to get things done because you're running out of time. It would also allow for more site seeing time elsewhere -- and then you could pop into the parks when you return, just to go on a favorite ride or two.
Go over the MP/FP Superthread and keep asking questions there: Maxpass/Fastpass Superthread: an overview and some strategy

I need to just stop looking at these calendars though because now two others I've seen show all of June as a no go HAHA. but Im gonna trust you knowledgable Disboarders :) And be prepared for crowds. Im already excited to use their Max pass system as that in itself seems to make the day way better in accomplishing thing as opposed to WDW and their stupid 3 fast pass rule. Then by the time you use them there isnt anything good left.

I need to just stop looking at these calendars though because now two others I've seen show all of June as a no go HAHA. but Im gonna trust you knowledgable Disboarders :) And be prepared for crowds. Im already excited to use their Max pass system as that in itself seems to make the day way better in accomplishing thing as opposed to WDW and their stupid 3 fast pass rule. Then by the time you use them there isnt anything good left.

One other item to note is the price difference for a family of four (two adults, two kids) is only $160 between the 3 day and 5 day tickets because of the discount per day.

I avoid the busiest times of the year, weekends and Mondays (based on what I'm reading here - don't particularly remember Mondays being that bad in the past).

I avoid the busiest times of the year, weekends and Mondays (based on what I'm reading here - don't particularly remember Mondays being that bad in the past).
Crowd patterns at DLR are dynamic, not static. Mondays used to be good days -- and everyone got to hear about it -- and so they all started showing up on Mondays -- aaaannnnnddd, guess what?? Mondays became very crowded days. Eventually, the pattern will shift again. Enough people will start avoiding Mondays, so it may become a "good" day again -- but until that happens (and it isn't happening now), Mondays are a day to avoid. Weekends used to be times to avoid -- and that pattern changed. Last summer, most weekends were great -- Saturdays were really good days! You can't base your DLR crowd predictions on old historic knowledge. The patterns are changing all the time now based on AP calendar patterns, promo tickets, new rides, school district holidays and breaks, etc. "Used to be" doesn't work reliably any more (which is a big reason people here don't trust crowd calendars).

... Im already excited to use their Max pass system as that in itself seems to make the day way better in accomplishing thing as opposed to WDW and their stupid 3 fast pass rule. Then by the time you use them there isnt anything good left.
Just as an example of what can be done with MP in a sort of extreme way, even during a super crowded time, read this trip report: "Forget About It"??? 32 Rides on a peak Saturday (14/12/19). This was during Holiday Time in December, on a weekend, peak crowds. Given, the OP wasn't in a big group and didn't have kids. But it will show you what you can do with MP if you really push it. No wonder WDW vets prefer MP to FP+!

Just as an example of what can be done with MP in a sort of extreme way, even during a super crowded time, read this trip report: "Forget About It"??? 32 Rides on a peak Saturday (14/12/19). This was during Holiday Time in December, on a weekend, peak crowds. Given, the OP wasn't in a big group and didn't have kids. But it will show you what you can do with MP if you really push it. No wonder WDW vets prefer MP to FP+!
That was me :D, if you plan and use Maxpass you’ll be absolutely fine, even on a busy day.
I was at DL again yesterday (a Monday) and whilst it wasn’t quiet, it didn’t feel too busy. Group of 4 yesterday, we did every FP ride with a maxpass. It baffles me seeing the standby wait for Roger Rabbit at 40 mins, return times to pull FP/MP 5 mins away, and yet so many people gladly joining the queue.

t

Ok Im gonna go back a bit to earlier in June for your opinion. The DH is now considering him going which is great but Im thinking he might wanna go earlier June because of other travel plans this summer. Looking at touring plans and not sure if its really reliable or not. Its showing that June 3-7 isnt too bad. I know some nights are grad nites. But we'd work around those and do DL those days. But my question if DCA is closed for Grad Nites then does that make DL a nightmare? I feel like it would? Theres are still a decent amount of AP blackouts those days. The days of Grad nites theres two AP blackouts at DCA so is it wise to do that park early in the am especially if theres extra magic hours then we can hop over to DL for the later afternoon evening? Id make sure to have a full day dedicated to DCA as well when there isn't a grad nite. I know I'm a mess and Im over thinking it all but its just what I do HA :rotfl2:I read that post about the person who did Max pass on that busy day, is amazing. Im nervous about it bc theres so many things to think about when booking them, return window, when you can book another, trying not to book ones later than 90 min away lol ... I like the concept and I think it will be great.

Let me add these are the dates Id consider in Early June the 3rd through 8th. So 5 nights. the 4th and 7th are no grade nites and have AP blackouts the 4th has 2 at DL and 1 at DCA then the 7th has 3 blackouts and 1, we'd only be doing 1 day of a Grad nite probably the 6th bc estimated park open 7am then we'd hop to DL later in the day? Thoughts :)

Last edited:

... Let me add these are the dates Id consider in Early June the 3rd through 8th. So 5 nights. the 4th and 7th are no grade nites and have AP blackouts the 4th has 2 at DL and 1 at DCA then the 7th has 3 blackouts and 1, we'd only be doing 1 day of a Grad nite probably the 6th bc estimated park open 7am then we'd hop to DL later in the day? Thoughts :)
I know you already know this, but it isn't rocket science and it shouldn't be painful. This is about a vacation and enjoying time with your family. I said this to you in another thread and will repeat it here:

I think you've been over this and over this so many times for almost a year now. There is no set of "perfect" dates for anyone. You know your family's schedule better than anyone here could know it. Choose the dates that work best for your family, then make a DLR plan that will work around that. (And we are here to help you!) Make sure that everyone packs their best attitude, and go have fun! :)

I know you already know this, but it isn't rocket science and it shouldn't be painful. This is about a vacation and enjoying time with your family. I said this to you in another thread and will repeat it here:

I think you've been over this and over this so many times for almost a year now. There is no set of "perfect" dates for anyone. You know your family's schedule better than anyone here could know it. Choose the dates that work best for your family, then make a DLR plan that will work around that. (And we are here to help you!) Make sure that everyone packs their best attitude, and go have fun! :)

I know I know Im sorry! Im ridiculous when it comes to this stuff and I have a horrible time making decisions, Im just worried we'll get there and it will be a complete cluster the whole time haha. But it is what it is and we have to do what works best for us like you said and go with an open mind. We'll be deciding today I think on dates for sure. I know Ive been so back and forth for a year and with the cruise I really didn't think it was an option this summer but It is now!!!! So once dates are locked in I'll start with more questions about planning haha :)

Then I have people on a FB page telling me that June is crazy busy, summer crowds flood in and Grad nites are the worst 😳

Last edited:
OP, I totally get you! Our dates are booked because we have to travel on school breaks, but I was worrying a lot about which days to go to which park. (I want to be smart about it because our tickets with Maxpass are a good chunk of change, even buying at a discount on Undercover Tourist.) I'm always amazed at people who go to Disney with no plan (especially WDW) but I'm really counting on Maxpass to work in our favor. And ROTR is currently causing big bottlenecks at rope drop time, so I'm also nervous about that. But as they, "it is what it is."

Weekends in June won’t be any worse than weekends in October- December, and we’ve done all and had a great trip. I’d personally do Friday- Sunday instead of Saturday-Monday. Lucky Rabbit makes an excellent point about checking AP blockout dates. We went last June during the last weekend and it wasn’t bad at all, but I have a feeling ROTR is going to change everything.

Weekends in June won’t be any worse than weekends in October- December, and we’ve done all and had a great trip. I’d personally do Friday- Sunday instead of Saturday-Monday. Lucky Rabbit makes an excellent point about checking AP blockout dates. We went last June during the last weekend and it wasn’t bad at all, but I have a feeling ROTR is going to change everything.

I think it will work out that we will do Thursday, Friday, Sunday and off day on Saturday based on AP blockouts, and predicted openings. I am not sure if DL has a pattern of their 7am openings being the same days for which park? Like are Thursday and Saturdays always extra magic hours for DL during the summer at 7? I guess I'll do those details as it gets close. We will only have 1 grad nite out of those three park days. I'd like to do 4 but I dont think it will happen.

OP, I totally get you! Our dates are booked because we have to travel on school breaks, but I was worrying a lot about which days to go to which park. (I want to be smart about it because our tickets with Maxpass are a good chunk of change, even buying at a discount on Undercover Tourist.) I'm always amazed at people who go to Disney with no plan (especially WDW) but I'm really counting on Maxpass to work in our favor. And ROTR is currently causing big bottlenecks at rope drop time, so I'm also nervous about that. But as they, "it is what it is."

School breaks are hard. As my kids get older its getting harder to take them out. My daughter will be in middle next year and I think it will just be too much to take her out a week. School really puts a damper on my traveling HAHA. But we'll make the best of it. I had thought about spring break and got good advice that its not horrible. But we ended up booking a cruise this spring break. So were back to CA in June. I think it will be ok. I hope HA.

I tend to like weekends better just because the hours tend to be longer and there is more entertainment. I've also had the knack of going on the most busy days. It's still fun. We prioritize what we want to do and sometimes we'll change that depending on wait times, etc, but at the end of the day, we have a good time. I don't think you need to worry about crowds as much as choosing the right travel dates. The dates that work best for you will be the best days in parks.

I tend to like weekends better just because the hours tend to be longer and there is more entertainment. I've also had the knack of going on the most busy days. It's still fun. We prioritize what we want to do and sometimes we'll change that depending on wait times, etc, but at the end of the day, we have a good time. I don't think you need to worry about crowds as much as choosing the right travel dates. The dates that work best for you will be the best days in parks.
THIS. OP: this is the way it's done at DLR. Make your plans, be FLEXIBLE, have a positive attitude, then let the magic happen and have fun! Remember, you'll have all day for several days, be on site, have park hoppers and MP! If you hit a traffic jam, just move somewhere else! No need to stay put, fuming in frustration. Go do something else -- you'll have 2 parks, DTD, the on site hotels, and who knows what else right at your fingertips! Fun and magic are everywhere at DLR -- just open your eyes, be flexible, and be willing to see it! :)

Then I have people on a FB page telling me that June is crazy busy, summer crowds flood in and Grad nites are the worst 😳
And you have DISers on this board who visit DLR at least once a week, maybe more often (no joke), and spend anywhere from 30-50+ days a year in the parks. Every year. That is seriously up to date information and experienced knowledge.
And keep in mind that some people like to spread their horror stories on the internet to keep visitors out of the parks! They think it will help keep the crowds down. lol. So don't believe everything you read on FB...

And you have DISers on this board who visit DLR at least once a week, maybe more often (no joke), and spend anywhere from 30-50+ days a year in the parks. Every year. That is seriously up to date information and experienced knowledge.
And keep in mind that some people like to spread their horror stories on the internet to keep visitors out of the parks! They think it will help keep the crowds down. lol. So don't believe everything you read on FB...

I get that and I’m sure there are just some people that are Debbie downers and I just negative about everything and then post about it!! because I don’t think one person on here has said June is a horrible time to go!!

THIS. OP: this is the way it's done at DLR. Make your plans, be FLEXIBLE, have a positive attitude, then let the magic happen and have fun! Remember, you'll have all day for several days, be on site, have park hoppers and MP! If you hit a traffic jam, just move somewhere else! No need to stay put, fuming in frustration. Go do something else -- you'll have 2 parks, DTD, the on site hotels, and who knows what else right at your fingertips! Fun and magic are everywhere at DLR -- just open your eyes, be flexible, and be willing to see it! :)

And I think having both parks right there and downtown Disney and the resorts all in walking distance like you said just makes it more fun and easier and if we get irritated at one Park then we’ll go somewhere else as it gets closer I’m gonna dig more into how to strategize the max pass I know there are threads I’ve read them but it’s still a little confusing to me but I have time to figure that out I know at Disneyland you don’t have to have a super hard-core plan like at Disney World but I’m guessing having a general idea of what we wanna do first and our top priorities is good.

I get that and I’m sure there are just some people that are Debbie downers and I just negative about everything and then post about it!! because I don’t think one person on here has said June is a horrible time to go!!

June is not a horrible time to go. Now early to mid October.... with all the fall breaks, Columbus Day crowds and halloween activities..,,, THAT was crowded. June will be a breeze.

I think it will work out that we will do Thursday, Friday, Sunday and off day on Saturday based on AP blockouts, and predicted openings. I am not sure if DL has a pattern of their 7am openings being the same days for which park? Like are Thursday and Saturdays always extra magic hours for DL during the summer at 7? I guess I'll do those details as it gets close. We will only have 1 grad nite out of those three park days. I'd like to do 4 but I dont think it will happen.

EE for hotel guest and EMH for multi day ticket holders usually follows the same schedule.

DL EE and EMH - T TH SAT
CA EE - SUN M W F

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!