is this a good price- bdl (hartford, ct) to mco? also- rdu-mco?

Hessie628

Mouseketeer
hi everyone! i'm going to wdw june 11-16. i looked up prices for flights and i can get a roundtrip ticket w/no connections (i don't like connecting flights) on delta for $206.50. i think this is a good price, but i have flown numerous times on delta from the same airport for much cheaper. i've paid $110-170 throughout all different times of year. the $170 was in aug of last year. should i just get the tickets now? i'm afraid they will go up. i know i might be able to get a better deal later on (which is what i usually do, ) but given the war and current economic situation i don't want to get stuck paying a lot higher or not getting the flights i want. any suggestions?

my other question is- what is a good price on delta for raleigh/durham to mco? my friend is meeting me in wdw, but is flying in after work so the price is a bit higher than the mid day flights. right now the price is $184. should we get that too or wait? i know southwest doesn't have a good flight time for her and she doesn't want to do a connection either so delta is the only airline she can use.

thanks for any help!

-jessica

Hi -

I don't know if you've considered flying out of JFK on JetBlue but that's the only way I'll go! (we live in Fairfield County, CT and BDL & JFK are about the same distance for us)

First off, everytime we fly out of BDL things are fine but flying home we always seem to have our flight cancelled or re-routed (maybe we're jinxed!). US Air told me that since it's a "smaller" airport the carriers cancel flights more readily. How true that is I have no idea.

Secondly, JetBlue has WONDERFUL planes (all leather seats, more room, free direct TV), great staff, securely bolted doors so people can't get into the pilots, service is amazing AND it's all so affordable!

I bet you could get a flight from JFK-MCO for $140 roundtrip thru them :)

Worth a try.

I have 158.00 PP from BDL for May. This is a direct flight.

Have you also looked at Southwest??

They have a couple of non-stops from Bradley to Orlando each day. I just priced a trip with your dates and came up with $212, but chances are they will have a special between now and the time you leave. Maybe sign up for their email notifications? I found a $79 each way from Providence to Orlando in January that way.

You've had some good suggestions, and I think you are in the ballpark for pricing, you might want to fudge with your dates (if possible) to see if that makes it any cheaper.

thanks for all the help! i'll probably still fly out of bdl. my ride to the airport prefers driving there than the city. i can't complain b/c it saves me from having to leave my car at the airport. thanks again for the suggestions!
-jessica

That is a great rate. We have ressies for Delta for June 28-July 6 for $249.00 from bdl/mco which we booked last Nov. I was hesitant, thinking the price would go down (I've never paid that much before), but checking every week, it never did. Even when SW rates came out for my dates, I couldn't get the direct flights available for a lower rate (and they don't take advanced seating assignments).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter