Is this possible... one time use points?

igrsod

DIS Veteran
Could I book my reservation at 11 months at my home resort with my points, only to at 7months, ask to purchase 24 one time use points, in order to bank my own points into the next year?
I know you can't buy otu points for an 11 month reservation, but what if you purchase them at 7 months and rearrange your points on your reservation made at 11 months?
Hope that makes sense what I'm asking.
Trying to budget points for a big trip (daughter's wedding). Seeing if we can maximize points by buying otu points too but still being able to get the rooms that we want.

You can only use OTU points on a booking if the room would be available at the time you buy the OTU points. So you can't block something out at 11 months, then use points with no home resort priority for it, whether it be booking VGF at 11 months then "paying" for it with Saratoga points at 7 months when no Saratoga owner could have booked the unit at 7 months, or doing the same with OTU.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter