Is this possible?

ShaneV

Crazed Disney Fanatic
A buddy and me will be flying into LAX landing on the last Saturday of April at 9:30 am.

We have a flight continuing on to Fiji :) that leaves at 8:30 that evening, so we have quite a layover.

My plan was to stow our luggage with the next flight, hop in a cab and go to DisneyLand. (My first trip to DisneyLand, but Im a DVC member at DisneyWorld)
I figured an hour to get luggage settled and an hour to get there. That puts us at Disney around 11:30.

We can stay there till 5:30 and catch a cab back to the airport. (1 hour drive time puts us there 2 hours early). That leaves us 6 hours at Disney :)

AM I crazy, can this be done? Will we be able to do enough there to make it worth while?

Just flew into L.A. last Mon landed at 9:30 was walking into the gates at around 11:00 .
Now we only had to go back to El Segundo right next to LAX and had no real time restaints (training next day ).

We did everything we wanted to get done in DL most big rides 2 times.

Might want to do CA as it doesn't take as much time to go through that .

Only warning /advise is have a few alternate routes back.If using a cab suggest better tip if they get you back.

As frequent flier out of LAX you might need 3 hours to get checked in on the Fiji flight. The international building can be horrendous...

Also the traffic can be abd also. But it is up to you...

Rapunsel said:
As frequent flier out of LAX you might need 3 hours to get checked in on the Fiji flight. The international building can be horrendous...

Also the traffic can be abd also. But it is up to you...
Noted, well move that up an hour, still leaves us 5 hours at Disney :)

How about I wait at the airport and if you are not back in time, I will fly to Fiji for you?

I would be back at least 3 hours before your scheduled flight.

The problem I see is the "stowing the luggage" thing. The fiji flight will not let you put your luggage on that early unless it is "checked through". You should call and check into that because there are no longer any public storage lockers available. I would try and do it though! It "seems" workable and so worth it!

Does anyone know if yuo can check in for a flight 11:00 hours early?

Small problem to work through :)
I cant check in before 1:30 pm. (when Air New Zealand opens) Anyone have ideas on what to do with the bags?

They have big lockers just outside of the gates to Disney and CA. They aren't cheap ($8or so) but I would pay it if it ment I could go to Disney. They are about 30 inches high and maybe 3-4 feet deep. I think you should do it!! We had a 7:00 flight to Canada and got off our last ride at 4:30 and still made it. I wouldn't recomend cutting it that close but we did it, no traffic 30 min to the airport, returned the car checked the bags got Burger king for dinner and walked on. Take a chance and enjoy, think of the stories you will have.

Thanks everyone!

Any tips on where to catch a cab back to the airport at?

i12go2wdw said:
They have big lockers just outside of the gates to Disney and CA. They aren't cheap ($8or so) but I would pay it if it ment I could go to Disney. They are about 30 inches high and maybe 3-4 feet deep. I think you should do it!! We had a 7:00 flight to Canada and got off our last ride at 4:30 and still made it. I wouldn't recomend cutting it that close but we did it, no traffic 30 min to the airport, returned the car checked the bags got Burger king for dinner and walked on. Take a chance and enjoy, think of the stories you will have.

This thread just gets my adrenaline going. I would definitely go to Disneyland with such a layover. My concern about the quote above is how much of a hassle it would be to get your luggage in this locker area, because of security from the Harbor BLVD and the Downtown Disney security entrance.

I have a similar situation where I am trying to get the most out of my upcoming trip. I will be using the Disneyland Express shuttle to and from LAX. On the return, I want to be in the park as long as possible. I will swtay at the BW Anaheim Inn on Harbor Blvd.

My flight departure is at 1:20p that day from LAX. Looking at the Disneyland Express schedule, I can be picked up from my hotel at 10:40a, but the Express pickup time for the Disneyland Hotel is 11:00a.

That tells me that from my hotel, I get to ride around for 20 minutes before they get to the Disneyland Hotel. I could take my luggage with me, when I go to the park that morning, put it in a locker, and when I leave the park, go to the Disneyland Hotel pickup location and get an extra 20 muinutes in the park.

To be honest I didn't remember how large their lockers were. I had thought about early that morning, taking my luggage to the Disneyland Hotel entrance to store the luggage there as if I were a guest there. When I leave the park, just walk over to the Disneyland hotel, claim my luggage and get on the Disneyland Express pickup at 11:00a. This would give me an extra 20 minutes in the park.

The wheels in my mind having just been turning like crazy to get the most out of my last day at the park. I thought this thread was very interesting and "sort of " similar to mine.

I do like the idea of the lockers, but am concerned about going thru security with the luggage. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

PS This discussion board has also recommended http://www.anaheimlimo.net/. I priced a towncar from my hotel and they are about 75.00 one way to LAX from my hotel address. If you pay online in advance, you can get a 10% discount. This was a little pricey for the 2 of us, but it is an option.

Also I would think you could get a cab from the drop-off entrance of Disneyland, but like in Vegas, it is always easier to get a cab from a hotel entrance. You may want to look up locale cab phone numbers and schedule one for pickup at one of the Disney hotels.

Why not just rent a car for the day? You'll have a place for your luggage (trunk) and won't have to pay for cabs, can leave at your leisure without having to track down a ride back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter