Is UK Free Dining 2021 coming?

We are in a global economic crisis with large numbers of people around the world having lost their jobs. Lots of people will be put off flying because of ongoing health concerns and even if they want to fly, general consensus is that airlines are not going to be running at the same capacity for many years given the number of jobs already shed across the industry.

The hardcore Disney fans will obviously make an effort to get there for the 50th anniversary but for the more casual tourist, the cost of a Disney holiday is likely to put many off in the current situation.
I agree. The economic situation will start to play out fully during 2021 and there will be a contraction in the market place, especially from international visitors. However, I think that it will take a while to filter through properly. Unless economies bounce back surprisingly quickly, I would expect 2022 to be the “year of a million discounts”.

I was looking at November/December 21 on the virgin site at the value resorts. Yesterday there was the option of adding quick service, now there is not. Anyone know why that might be?

I was looking at November/December 21 on the virgin site at the value resorts. Yesterday there was the option of adding quick service, now there is not. Anyone know why that might be?
I think dining plans cancelled to end of Sep 21, I know before your date but guess they’ve just taken them all off

I think dining plans cancelled to end of Sep 21, I know before your date but guess they’ve just taken them all off
Damn. Does anyone know from past experience that they can be added on if they come back through Disney direct even though its a virgin booking or it has got to be through Virgin?

Last edited:

The dining plan would have to be added through whoever you booked through.

I have read of someone on the Dibb this evening being able to add a paid for QSDP to a booking for next year direct through Disney.

Dining plan cancelled for remainder of this year and no indication when, or if, it will be back next year. Also all dining reservations cancelled and have to be re-booked but only 60 days in advance now instead of 180. All to do with reduced capacities in restaurants due to the pandemic.

I’m not sure , could be a way to get rid of free dining plan, just don’t bring it back .... far too many questions to be answered , even if they bring it back I don’t think it will be advertised until 2021

It may depend who wins the election in November in the US (I am not starting a political debate, it's just a thought).
At some point they will, they will want our tourist spend. Whether by 2021 I guess depends on whether the U.K. and the US can contain the virus reasonably well.

Yeah we're looking at options for Nov 21 now as prices are ok, and have always scored the free dining options and booked everything through Virgin for ease in the past. However considering the uncertainty of whether free dining is coming soon, I think I may well check out a room only deal through someone like Dreams Unlimited (for example) and sort the rest myself with only flights from Virgin. Free dining and everything through Virgin is sooooo easy though. Never done it any other way so don't know if I'm missing a trick?

I was looking at the Little Book of Magic the other day (always nice to have these things) and if you look closely on the dining plan pages there is a tiny note that says "Dining plans may be subject to change for arrivals from January 2022".

If they were already planning to make changes then maybe they will bring those changes forward as part of the return to normal and be a reason for withdrawing existing Dining Plans.

I was looking at the Little Book of Magic the other day (always nice to have these things) and if you look closely on the dining plan pages there is a tiny note that says "Dining plans may be subject to change for arrivals from January 2022".

If they were already planning to make changes then maybe they will bring those changes forward as part of the return to normal and be a reason for withdrawing existing Dining Plans.

That's interesting. I'm really hoping they bring it back/have something similar where it can be addded onto a package where I don't need to worry about budgeting each day. I'm not going until next December at the earliest but that could mean a possibility of whatever they are about to bring out will still be in place next December. The subject to change in the booklet could be referring to price increases though. We will have to see.

I am just not sure if I should book now for spring 2021 or wait until they release an offer. If they are ever going to offer anything.... Please tell me that they will ;) I am happy with a room discount if it is not free dining :)

I just checked my December 2020 booking on MDE and they have not yet canceled my Dining Plan... I am sure they will do it soon.

I am just not sure if I should book now for spring 2021 or wait until they release an offer. If they are ever going to offer anything.... Please tell me that they will ;) I am happy with a room discount if it is not free dining :)

I just checked my December 2020 booking on MDE and they have not yet canceled my Dining Plan... I am sure they will do it soon.
The agent I spoke to on the phone on Monday was trying to give hope of an offer coming out, but the truth is I do not think Disney have worked out what they are doing beyond July, let alone next year.

He actually more than once said I think in your case you should cancel and take your deposit back. This is not what I am going to do as if deposit is moved to another booking without being paid to me my insurance will still provide cover.

I’d hang tight for a bit longer if I was you.

The agent I spoke to on the phone on Monday was trying to give hope of an offer coming out, but the truth is I do not think Disney have worked out what they are doing beyond July, let alone next year.

He actually more than once said I think in your case you should cancel and take your deposit back. This is not what I am going to do as if deposit is moved to another booking without being paid to me my insurance will still provide cover.

I’d hang tight for a bit longer if I was you.
Thanks for your reply. I am always curious to hear about the information other customers got from CMs (yes I know that it is not always reliable ;) but still :)) so I really appreciate your feedback.

I not only have a booking for December 2020 I also have a booking for September 2020 at the Gran Destino Tower... but I highly doubt that this is going to happen due to...many reasons..from corona to travel bans for Europeans to the NBA staying at the Gran D :headache: The offer that I am booked under (free nights) is not applicable if I move my booking to next spring. So I am waiting (im)patiently for a new offer as prices for 2021 are not exactly cheap ;) I must say that I start doubting we will see any offers anytime soon... If at all :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!