Island Air ceasing operations Nov 10, 2017

buffettgirl

The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet.
If any of you have island hop flights with Island Air, they just announced today that they are ceasing operations tomorrow Nov 10, and it doesn't appear they're issuing refunds because they were in chapter 11 already. Contact credit card companies and make other arrangements.

update: https://www.hawaiianairlines.com/Is...hacmp=Facebook_Web_sf158588500_&sf158588500=1

Aloha –

Hawaiian Airlines is working quickly to provide flight relief to travelers who have been displaced by the shutdown of Island Air operations. We will be offering complimentary standby accommodations to individuals who were previously booked on an Island Air flight between November 11 – 17, 2017. There are two options:

1. Standby on a Hawaiian Airlines flight, or
  2. Purchase a ticket on Hawaiian Airlines at a special, one-way $71 fare*

I saw this earlier today and was sad. I actually flew them last weekend to Kauai. They were about $100 cheaper than Hawaiian.

I saw this earlier today and was sad. I actually flew them last weekend to Kauai. They were about $100 cheaper than Hawaiian.
yeah, I had JUST booked flights to the big island yesterday morning. And then a few hours later...this. I flew last month to the big island as well. Much cheaper. There are 5 of us going next time and I think Hawaiian right now is about $30 more total, each, so not terrible, but still....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!