Isn't the July opening really for those who already had reservations?

3kidz4dis

DIS Veteran
If the parks will be operating under a reduced capacity when it opens in July, isn't it really only opened to those who already have reservations? I noticed that the resorts are opened and I I have DVC points to spend this summer but don't not want to be able to go to the parks.

WDW has suspended all resort reservations and ticket sales - though some have reported ability to at least see availability for DVC resorts in June. This is to allow them to focus on "existing reservations" and presumably share details with those folks about park-entry. Details of how the "advanced reservation system" for park-entry haven't been released. I would wait a few days to see how this is rolling out before trying to make any plans.

If the parks will be operating under a reduced capacity when it opens in July, isn't it really only opened to those who already have reservations? I noticed that the resorts are opened and I I have DVC points to spend this summer but don't not want to be able to go to the parks.
Maybe, but no one is forced to keep any reservations.
Initially ( in the world before Covid) I'm sure there were plenty of reservations at WDW for July/Aug and beyond. Now, they have plenty of time to see how many cancellations will come out of it and then they can determine if they need to do more cancelling or will they be able to allow new reservations. WDW isn't going to be what we knew it to be for a long time.

Initially ( in the world before Covid) I'm sure there were plenty of reservations at WDW for July/Aug and beyond. Now, they have plenty of time to see how many cancellations will come out of it and then they can determine if they need to do more cancelling or will they be able to allow new reservations. WDW isn't going to be what we knew it to be for a long time.
It'll be rough this summer. Hopefully operations keep improving month to month.

WDW has suspended all resort reservations and ticket sales - though some have reported ability to at least see availability for DVC resorts in June. This is to allow them to focus on "existing reservations" and presumably share details with those folks about park-entry. Details of how the "advanced reservation system" for park-entry haven't been released. I would wait a few days to see how this is rolling out before trying to make any plans.
Do you think they will email those with existing reservations on the plans? I’m assuming they will.

I'm not being allowed to change or cancel mine right now. It gives me a phone number and when I call it says they can't help at this time.

I want to replan mine now for late March. I'm not sure if I'll have to cancel and rebook or what I'll have to do. I'll even pay up to a grand more for the trip. I just want to enjoy it. I made these plans back in March thinking Disney would be open early June to mid June and might get things back together in by late July. You know, once they see people are using common sense. But obliviously isn't the case here. The mask were a given and I was fine with that. But then they added the temperature turn away. Sometimes I'm running a small temperature for no reason, same with my daughter. Not a huge deal, we will take our temps in the morning and treat it with advil or something.

Then I read about the reduced hours.. that is a big one for me. My plan was to go in the morning and then head back to the resort early afternoon. Nap and then go back out to a different park in the evening. Reduced hours make this hard and cancelling the park hopper makes it impossible.

Daughter really looking forward to the meet and greet. That was number one on her list.

Pools. We both love pools and that was a large reason why I booked 8 days. Now I hear the pools may not be open.

I'm dropping about 7k on this trip. Been saving all year for it. I don't want the money to go to waste on having an experience that isn't that great. I understand the safety reasons so I'm not mad a disney. For now, I'll go ahead and attempt to use my fast pass and book the restaurants since I can't cancel yet. If things improve before I'm even able to make changes then we will still be able to enjoy this trip.

I'm not being allowed to change or cancel mine right now. It gives me a phone number and when I call it says they can't help at this time.

I want to replan mine now for late March. I'm not sure if I'll have to cancel and rebook or what I'll have to do. I'll even pay up to a grand more for the trip. I just want to enjoy it. I made these plans back in March thinking Disney would be open early June to mid June and might get things back together in by late July. You know, once they see people are using common sense. But obliviously isn't the case here. The mask were a given and I was fine with that. But then they added the temperature turn away. Sometimes I'm running a small temperature for no reason, same with my daughter. Not a huge deal, we will take our temps in the morning and treat it with advil or something.

Then I read about the reduced hours.. that is a big one for me. My plan was to go in the morning and then head back to the resort early afternoon. Nap and then go back out to a different park in the evening. Reduced hours make this hard and cancelling the park hopper makes it impossible.

Daughter really looking forward to the meet and greet. That was number one on her list.

Pools. We both love pools and that was a large reason why I booked 8 days. Now I hear the pools may not be open.

I'm dropping about 7k on this trip. Been saving all year for it. I don't want the money to go to waste on having an experience that isn't that great. I understand the safety reasons so I'm not mad a disney. For now, I'll go ahead and attempt to use my fast pass and book the restaurants since I can't cancel yet. If things improve before I'm even able to make changes then we will still be able to enjoy this trip.

I haven't read anything official about the pools being closed. In fact, I thought the DVC letter said they would be open, but that could have been my wishful thinking. Water parks are definitely closed though. You will get an opportunity to make changes or even cancel. I think they are hoping people will want to cancel or move to a later time. They will probably start contacting people with the first dates that resorts are open and go forward from there.

I rented dvc points through David’s and now that the resorts are open I’m sure I can’t cancel or reschedule so if I don’t go I just gave away $2200 which is a lot of money for my family.

I rented dvc points through David’s and now that the resorts are open I’m sure I can’t cancel or reschedule so if I don’t go I just gave away $2200 which is a lot of money for my family.
You can always ask to reschedule. If the owner of the points has additional life on the points and there is availability, I don't know why they wouldn't let you. David's is having some issues and despite their stern warnings, I think someone asking to reschedule instead of cancel outright would be welcome.

Surely they will refund with this virus going on

If The 15s are not able to come and that looks HIGHLY likely,especially the Brazil 15s,that will open up HUGE numbers of July rooms.
Funny thing about the 15's. My husband and I were placed in a building at Pop Century in February completely surrounded by them. We got no sleep, it was awful. After four nights of calling to complain (security would show up, they'd quiet down briefly then start again) and not being able to move us, Disney gave us three free nights to use on another visit plus a $100 credit on our account. We booked for December. Sad to think we may not get to go, but I am just mean enough to be happy the groups may not get to either.

We rented DVC for years before we purchased and never had a single issue. But the risk is still there. Of course no one could have predicted COVID.

The only people saying anything about pools are those speculating. Personally I doubt pools would be closed, as a chlorinated pool is one of the best places you could be (since the virus couldn't live there anyway).

I guess it is speculation. Not sure where I can go to get the most updated info. I'm really trying here.

From the DVC Letter referencing pools: "......physical distancing at restaurants, lobbies, pools, fitness centers, and other public areas......"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter