Isn't the July opening really for those who already had reservations?

I guess it is speculation. Not sure where I can go to get the most updated info. I'm really trying here.
The only official sites to go for actual info are three wdw website ans Disney parks blog, everything else is speculation until they post it

I rented dvc points through David’s and now that the resorts are open I’m sure I can’t cancel or reschedule so if I don’t go I just gave away $2200 which is a lot of money for my family.

I assume there is a reason you kept your reservation from the date WDW closed? I have no knowledge of DVC rules, sorry. I'm only thinking as a regular, pion paying guest.

Do you think they will email those with existing reservations on the plans? I’m assuming they will.
Another time Disney has dropped the ball. From the day they announce 7/11 opening an email should have gone out to everyone impacted, particularly those who can not enjoy anything because they are in June/July 1-11

I rented dvc points through David’s and now that the resorts are open I’m sure I can’t cancel or reschedule so if I don’t go I just gave away $2200 which is a lot of money for my family.

We rented through another broker, which is also non-refundable. If I really felt unsafe, I would just lose the money. We would be out less though, since we only have a studio. However, I don't think I am going to feel very unsafe, and so we will probably go.

I assume there is a reason you kept your reservation from the date WDW closed? I have no knowledge of DVC rules, sorry. I'm only thinking as a regular, pion paying guest.

Renting DVC points is a whole other thing. You either go through a broker, like the OP, or through an owner. You are really renting a reservation. When you go through a broker, the contract usually says that it's non-refundable and can't be changed. The DVC owner is the one that has control over the reservation.

Funny thing about the 15's. My husband and I were placed in a building at Pop Century in February completely surrounded by them. We got no sleep, it was awful. After four nights of calling to complain (security would show up, they'd quiet down briefly then start again) and not being able to move us, Disney gave us three free nights to use on another visit plus a $100 credit on our account. We booked for December. Sad to think we may not get to go, but I am just mean enough to be happy the groups may not get to either.
I hear ya! Realize this isn't the thread to continue this discussion, but it was really one of the biggest reasons we were originally leaning to keep our reservations, even if the parks weren't going to be open the first couple of days we were on property. Had too many times were 3 or 4 of the 15s were in line, and then, after half an hour or more, 20 more showed up to cut in line to "join their group"...and what's worse is the the CM's did absolutely nothing to stop them even when they saw it happening or was brought to their attention. Truthfully, they need to build a park in SA somewhere...

But back to the original topic, haven't heard squat from Disney so guess they expect us to figure it out as their lack of information is disconcerting. Very disappointed in how Disney is rolling out this opening!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter